Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

there are two streams going through our land :smugmrgw:

what we have is not a farm though

what we have is 52 hectares of useless land inhabited by some sheep, possums, rabbits, trees, people, some cows and two rear end in a top hat horses named Obe and Steve.

it would be a live stream of me finishing a brutal 50 hour working week shuffling paperwork to spend 20-24 hours of my weekend cutting wood, fixing fences, fixing water pipes, shooting vermin, clearing water springs, unclogging pumps, maintaining tractor/bikes/other plant machinery, yelling at horses, and me trying to convince my children that helping me do all that stuff list above is ultimately in the own best interest.

I don’t think that would be a very good stream to watch. maybe if I stuck a webcam on Steve’s head it might work though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
my uncle currently has a really nice thing going where he's reforesting 50-odd acres of former pasture land (no longer allowed to be used for intensive farming, to limit run-off into a nearby lake). just spends his day cutting trails, planting trees, clearing the grass around young trees so they don't get choked out, that sort of thing. gets paid carbon credits for growing trees.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yep. that’s us as well.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

am I your uncle?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Moo Cowabunga posted:

am I your uncle?

i was almost gonna ask because it sounded really familiar

i don't think he had a tractor last time i visited though, just a 4x4.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
incest itt

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Moo Cowabunga posted:

there are two streams going through our land :smugmrgw:

what we have is not a farm though

what we have is 52 hectares of useless land inhabited by some sheep, possums, rabbits, trees, people, some cows and two rear end in a top hat horses named Obe and Steve.

it would be a live stream of me finishing a brutal 50 hour working week shuffling paperwork to spend 20-24 hours of my weekend cutting wood, fixing fences, fixing water pipes, shooting vermin, clearing water springs, unclogging pumps, maintaining tractor/bikes/other plant machinery, yelling at horses, and me trying to convince my children that helping me do all that stuff list above is ultimately in the own best interest.

I don’t think that would be a very good stream to watch. maybe if I stuck a webcam on Steve’s head it might work though.

id watch it

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

:smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

did yall see the instagram farm country calendar last week

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

no

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
didn’t need to seeing as he was there when they filmed it

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Moo Cowabunga posted:

+1 for steve-cam

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

75+ hours of Steve-cam itt

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

it's really funny they were playing classical music during sheep shearing because they thought it would make the sheep calmer or something

tbh i'm sorta surprised they were able to find any shearers who were willing to deal with them

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i've watched every episode of country calendar since early 2018 or so

even the one a year or two back where they forgot to turn on the commentary audio track for the live broadcast so it was weirdly quiet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wheats up

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
nm, just hangin oat

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

wheate music video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkOsccnyFWs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

anyone who posts the wheatus video is banned

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

wow.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

harvest season is over i think

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AMVekpdaWc

Eeyo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 19, 2023

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAL2xGcJ-so

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
can’t beat the wheat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
i've made it through all 75+ hours, does anyone have any more?

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
winter wheat is a thing that gets planted in the mid west but i don't know when or when it becomes harvest ready hth

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

winter wheat can go dormant in the winter and come back in the spring, so it'll be harvested next year in summer/fall.

it's often grown as a cover crop so it may not actually be harvested, just tilled back into the soil when the next crop is planted.

it's important for the cold, dry wheat growing regions since it can more effectively use the fall/winter/spring water resources and reduce need for irrigation.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxP2dSJIt_Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wheats up erry1