Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
From the exactly 3 days I have spent in the UK, it looks exactly like London to me, depressing murderhobobeasts and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Always try rolling and always try jumping.

And use as many vials and bullets as you need. Getting the next checkpoint is the only thing that matters in Fromsoft games. Ive only ever finished Bloodborne, but effective my mediocre rear end only had to farm vials because of a couple optional bosses. You get tons of them naturally over time

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I think Nat would have been better off with a different starting weapon. The reach of the whip has taught Nat some wrong lessons about the combat system, imo. It's more of a Dark Souls style weapon than the fast paced BB weapons

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Drunk Nat should absolutely god gamer the other Fun Stuff near the bridge werewolves that tea pointed out though

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah. Having the respawn points right outside the boss door in ER makes hard bosses so much more forgiving. Its not nearly as frustrating when the run is past 2 guys over a minute instead of 4 mins past 7 or 8 guys

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Something something THE LORE something something

They're better at not hiding this kind of thing now. Fewer hidden stuff in DS3 and even less in Elden Ring

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ITT we stan the president of the Yharnam Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Beasts

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Check out your blood gem fortification screen again. Upgrading the cane did something

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Is it bad to use slow smashy weapons for bsb though? I beat him using the kirkhammer the first time i found him. This boss just didn't seem hard to me at all

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Absolutely. Bosses are weird in From games. You can clown on a hard boss but struggle on an easy one just because it feels better. BSB is easy to me but it took me forever to figure out the dog statue things in elden ring

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nat is a true victorian gentleman in that way. He is a duelist that proceeds under formal dueling rules, but is willing and able to show his honor and skill through the ancient arts of parry, cut and thrust. Add in the fashionable cane, hat, three piece suit and cloak, he is assuredly a Hunter the Queen may be proud of :britain:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I really think he'd like the Tonitrus. It's fast enough to hit and dodge, but does more then the cane's chip damage. Whip for groups, tonitrus for one on one. Plus different damage types.

Of course, kirkhammer is still the best out of everything :gibs:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can't figure out what brick wall Tea is talking about. I never hit one until Moon and lake, and that's far off

Slaan fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 9, 2022

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

No idea how this boss could be hard. I beat it so fast with Ludwig's blade on my first attempt that i never even knew that the guys transform!

I guess everyone has a boss that doesn't gel with their play style.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'm glad you like the blades so much. From games are difficult and annoying... until you find the weapon you love. Once you do? :discourse:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, go ahead and stab me. It's better than listening to Professor Borecraft lecture on the nature of reality again :effort:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Pour que no los dos? At the same time. :getin:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Amygdala took me a good thirty tries and 2 blood vial farming sessions to finally beat. Such a brick wall for me. I did enjoy how the Nightmare changes your sound during the boss though. It really adds to the creepy dream feeling.

And Henwick is one of my favorite areas. Can't get too lost, fun enemies and the boss is easy but fun to fight.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Finally rounded up some of those stats eh? I'm so glad. Everytime you leave a stat not on an even number or number divisible by 5, a squidman kicks a puppyman. Why did you hate puppymans so much that it took this long? :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nat20 posted:

I have no idea what's going on

The whole game is based around one theme: living in England is a literal maddening nightmarel so either run or begin The Purge

Slaan fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 6, 2022

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Give us eyes~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Its not everyone's cup of tea. Bloodborne is a game you enjoy by ramming your head into it for hours at a time to get the high from finally beating that loving boss. Definitely not the kind of thing everyone would enjoy!

Of course, you will never escape Bloodborne though. The true Bloodborne starts now: living in England