Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Can't wait to see a legendary god gamer do a fists only run of Bloodborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

By my understanding of the genre, this is when "Soul of a X"/the various coldblood items show their true value, because they can be banked, so they're best saved until later in the game, to ensure you can level up from a run, at least for a while.

I mostly used them when I wanted to buy something.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

New weapon seems to be too short for your playstyle. Might I suggest a longer one that also closes distance, like the Threaded Cane?

:hmmyes:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

Realtalk tho: the door that just randomly opens is loving stupid. The trigger for it to happen is killing BSB, and it makes no sense whatsoever. I kept running past it on my first playthrough, and when I looked up stuff I had missed way late in the game, the wiki was like "oh you reach [x] through the workshop" and I was like what. where

As Nat will probably know by now (spoilering just in case), this is what makes Cleric Beast optional, sure didn't feel like it at first though.

Added bonus? Him saying "I don't know where to go now" was also me for quite a while, another thing I had to look up. Spoilering everything about that as well, though I will remain vague within: actual game progress is also not obvious at all, or rather that Nat already got a key of sorts

I almost figured it out, but then I got lost trying to find the place to confirm my suspicion, so I caved. Not the funnest or most well-made part of the game imo

Agreed. Bloodborne is probably my favorite game, the only game I have platinum on, but it can be, uh, obtuse at times.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i love the Blades of Mercy, they were my primary weapon my first playthrough, up until I got the Chikage. Very good R1 spam but it really shines in its dodge attack, IMO