Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, this should be good.

e: Yup, first episode and Nat is already being brilliant. Great comic timing, too.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

EclecticTastes posted:

This is a subgenre of game I have only ever enjoyed from the outside, but something about these sorts of games makes them very entertaining for me to watch. Bloodborne, in particular, is one I'm forced to enjoy vicariously due to not having any of the Playstations, which is too bad because the trick weapons and how they define one's playstyle seems like my kind of jam for the sort of gameplay found in Soulslikes. I'm curious which one you'll end up sticking with. Assuming you ever find one, of course.
Personally, I hope they stick with Arcane since I haven't seen an LP like that yet. Not sure when you get your first magic thing, though.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 10, 2022

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
We're going to be here for a while, aren't we.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

imo best of all worlds would have been a baseline of, say, 10 you always get and more that are farmable/storable. Which is what Nioh does, and DS2 as well as Sekiro accomplish with a secondary healing resource that's farmable/non-replenishing.
The Surge 2 has a pretty fantastic healing system where attacking generates a decaying resource that can be turned into either getting more equipment/parts or a limited amount of consumables to store or use.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jun 22, 2022

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I'd just leave it to Tea to gently nudge Nat in the right direction. The current discussion seems somewhat heated and really, really backseaty.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Tenebrais posted:

I think a podium is for people to stand on while a dais is for presenting objects. But that might just be in my own head rather than a proper definition.
Yeah, the clue is in the name, pous/pod is ancient Greek for foot.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That'll do, piggus. That'll do.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I think what's happened there is that you managed to hit Eileen right before the other guy finished her, because that sounded like a you-pissed-me-off-prepare-to-die speech you'd normally get by attacking her. Maybe you nailed her with the anti-healing item?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Don't listen to them, friendship is for the weak.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, the traditional frustrating-rear end poison area.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

EclecticTastes posted:

I'm a big fan of this episode. Good to see Nat has good taste in webcomics.
Fun fact: the author is a goon.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious about something that was mentioned in the commentary - is your plan for the LP to actually kill all the bosses or are you still planning to skip optional areas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Much as I wish Nat woiuld explore more of the game, trying to exploit his arachnophobia like that was just low. Shame on Tea.

e: Oh, okay. Tea and bourbon helping. That'll teach me to comment before finishing the video, I guess.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 6, 2022