Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

theenglishman posted:

SIGSEGV posted:

It is also never coming on PC, ever.

This will be my first experience with Bloodborne for that exact reason. This is gonna be good.

This is also why I have never played the game, though I have watched more LPs of it than I can count (my thumb confuses me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Simply Simon posted:

Personally, I feel like it's extremely hard to argue about stats and the statting thereof itt because Nat's going to say "well with my extremely incomplete information," and all the people who've played the game are going to have to tightrope around those gaps in knowledge in order not to spoil anything. Imo just play and you'll see at some point that there's going to be gaps to be filled: you die too often or you notice that you can't dodge as often as you need to or your damage feels lacking, and then you stat what you were missing.

I was wondering if we’ve gotten to the point where people could do mathematical breakdowns of what stats do and what you get per level up. I think that would have a stronger influence on Nat’s decision making than asking if he feels like he isn’t dodging as much as he could be.

Also now that status effects like slow and rapid poison have come up are there ways to deal with them other than dodging attacks or using items like antidotes? Do any stats reduce the damage you take from them, or slow down the bar’s building up/speed up its emptying?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Subjecting himself to grinding instead of exploring alternate locations just seems like a way to make the game unnecessarily unpleasant when Nat's other critiques of the game have been pretty salient, especially regarding blood vials.

Does Nat have any armor that has better resistance against poison, and is there any other way to buff his resistance to it?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Natural 20 posted:

Again, problem of trying to be salient while playing a game and discussing with Tea.

The idea I was trying to explain was that exploring another place is also contingent on having Blood Vials available. And that if I run out or die on the way then it's time and more importantly resources wasted as I lose the few blood vials I spent to get wherever.

On the other hand exploring new areas lets you pick up the pre-placed drops which will include blood vials, but also upgrade materials, and maybe even new weapons and armor. On top of the echoes and items you'll get from enemies.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I wonder how Nat would feel using two-handed weapons. No need to worry about parrying if you can’t hold your gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Crazy Achmed posted:

On agression:
I think that the "be aggressive" thing is only true if you are looking at it as a specific comparison to dark souls. Compared to a lot of other games, then it's just "play normally, I guess", and compared to something like bayonetta it's "be extremely conservative". Dark souls combat is really slow and tactical since most enemies will kill you in a few hits, and attacking & dodging uses up a lot of your stamina. Patience and timing is everything - and you're probably also carrying a shield.

When Nat was talking about the rally mechanic while fighting giants it looked like he was just standing in front of them trading blows trying to make a point about the futility of aggression, but that is not the kind of aggression anyone is advocating for.