Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Watching this playthrough gives me the same feeling I used to get when one of my friends would constantly try to convince me to play Magic: The Gathering -- which eventually lead to me learning to absolutely despise playing Magic: The Gathering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Natural 20 posted:

I hate grinding. I think it's dumb tedious work that games put in when they've run out of ideas and want to pad length. Most grinding games just don't work on me, Diablo bores me in a couple of hours, I couldn't get through more than a few minutes of Borderlands and do not get me started on Roguelikes because we will be here all day.

Now you've reached the point where I generally stop playing and try find a way to break the single player game code to cheat in the item(s) that are creating the sense of tedium to collect. Granted, that doesn't happen often, but if the game has demonstrated that it has elements I enjoy, but has introduced one system that left as-is, will ultimately lead to my inability to continue to have fun with my purchase -- then as far as I'm concerned, that system is going to get bypassed before I continue. And if I can't do that within the rules of the game itself, then I'll do it in the system memory while the executable is running.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Natural 20 posted:

If anyone has appropriate music to set Bloodborne fights to, now is the time.

Just play 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' over it, since there was a stretch of time where it was the go-to song for videogame background music once it entered the public domain.