Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Hurray, and so we enter the next part of Kheris' story. And I am quite happy for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I rather like that we got put on the backswing and by the one thing that we hadn't been by. Sheer strength and skill.
Zenos being a One-Garlean-Wrecking-Ball was something I knew about, but until I ran the fight myself I didn't know how I was going to feel about it. Turned out that I like having such a strong foe to deal with, makes thing interesting.

grandalt fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 25, 2022

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I want to say Bronze Bull also shows up somewhere else in the game, but I really don't recall if he does.

He also shows in the ALC quests, 60-70 if my memory is right, which ties to Minifelia

I definitely like the quests for higher paladin and Samurai. Though I had quite a hard time with the first quest, I wasn't quite ready for all those dudes when I wasn't use to the buttons.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I do like these warriors a bit more, that intro is very funny.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

We have heard of Princess Salina before actually. She was the last of Allag Royalty and gave to the G tribe the Allgan royal blood and eye to unlock the Crystal Tower.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Indeed, your work is great Sanguinia. You have a lot of great insight and we are glad you are sharing it with us.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

You managed to get that fate chain completed, I'm jealous. I was trying for month and never got it to show up. And yes, now we know why.
We are now in the rising actions, soon the flood waters will rise too.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Ah Zenos, this is such a good finish to his tale. I am not sure if I rejected or accepted him, but at the end I certainly got that we were his only friend. There are many keys lines of the game, 'a smile better suits a hero' for one, and joining them is 'Farewell, my first friend. My Enemy'. To me its such a powerful moment.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Like Clockwork posted:

Garlemald would take his stuff. His stuff is his stuff, they have to pay for that! :v:

I think overall Lolorito is fairly consistently a self-centered bastard who knows where his bread is buttered but also doesn't show up nearly enough to actually make that obvious in the moment. This mostly just makes the fact that he never takes the L overall worse.

Well, he did once. We outplayed him in the cooking job, both by figuring out what he would eat and what he tried to stop us from successfully cooking for Nanamo still cooking it anyways.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Ah Tataru,, still putting way too power in her carbies. It is still quite impressive of how much aether she ends up putting into them.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Sadly the Palace of the Dead is set in most of Gelmorra, so that is not an option. Its kind of funny, Gelmorra was set to be a big deal in 1.0, but plans changed and it mostly fall to the wayside.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

I am only aware of the sidequests to fetch the dramaturge fancy food, this sounds hilarious.

It also reminds me that for a while I was legitimately considering that the thematic point of this loveletter to FFT and FF12 would end up being "Stop obsessing over these old Ivalice games and focus on living your current lives you loving simps."

Funny enough, I spent weeks trying to mail such food over to Kheris. Sadly being on a different world made that impossible.

I did enjoyed this raid, because it let me fight the bosses from 12 without having to deal with the gambit system. The bosses are fun.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Solus' model might be quite different from his art design of an old man, but there is still connection. There's a paint you can get of some of the empire folk of Stormblood, and Old Man Solus is on it, and the eyes are still the same as this model.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Ah "Ultimate Illusion", or if you will, the final fantasy.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I love the reuse of Labraha's line in these quests, such an unexpected callback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

Well, if Zenos was being worn by Elibius, then yes Varis was phased by that reveal.