Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He looks like a drat Grinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Murgos posted:

Roger Parloff of lawfare, whose analysis is usually pretty good, claims to have gone through the sentencing guidelines and similar cases (such as they are) and thinks the minimum sentence is actually likely up around one and a third years.

Merchan obviously has no love for Trump so I don’t particularly see him offering up a significant downward departure out of the kindness of his heart.

Link? Because that would be loving hilarious. He would be shaved. And honestly probably also shivved.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

he looks exactly like the guy from the "more money for us, gently caress you" cartoon

zoux posted:

He looks like a drat Grinch.

These are not exactly mutually exclusive:

"More money for us, gently caress you!"
-Spray tan orange Grinch!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I think he looks like some monster from an old DnD manual.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The Insnorection

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Link? Because that would be loving hilarious. He would be shaved. And honestly probably also shivved.

It was during conversation on the most recent Trump trials podcast:

https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/the-lawfare-podcast-everything-you-need-to-know-heading-into-the-trump-trial-in-new-york

I don't think he's written about it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Murgos posted:

It was during conversation on the most recent Trump trials podcast:

https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/the-lawfare-podcast-everything-you-need-to-know-heading-into-the-trump-trial-in-new-york

I don't think he's written about it.

Sometimes the existence of podcasts makes me so angry

Write blogs about this stuff people

Blogs

So we can *read* it

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Drowsy Donald. Deadbeat Donny.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Nobody wants to read anymore

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

What county?
I got called every 18 months like clockwork when I lived in Sac county. It was a PITA because I lived in Folsom, like 30 mins from the Sac court house. I moved to Placer county like 8 years ago and haven’t been called once.

So I’ll expect my letter next week now that I jinxed it.
Was San Mateo County, now is Mendocino County.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Doubt it. If anything they will put him in a small unit on a New York National Guard post somewhere and isolated from general population entirely.

Independence
Jul 12, 2006

The Wriggler
He won't lose SS protection in jail, he'll be fine.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
If anything, the SS fans will give him more protection

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I can’t imagine him getting jail time in this case if it’s at all optional if only because the judge will realize what a shitshow that would be. But if he did it would almost have to be house arrest.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I can’t imagine him getting jail time in this case if it’s at all optional if only because the judge will realize what a shitshow that would be. But if he did it would almost have to be house arrest.

I wouldn't worry about that. Judges put gang leaders and mob bosses in prison, even though prisons are full of both their loyal soldiers and mortal enemies. You don't get to stay out of prison just because it would be a massive pain the rear end.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

KillHour posted:

I wouldn't worry about that. Judges put gang leaders and mob bosses in prison, even though prisons are full of both their loyal soldiers and mortal enemies. You don't get to stay out of prison just because it would be a massive pain the rear end.

Also they put people in prision that are just known to be universally hated and people are likely want to just shank on day one. The prison system is just meant to deal with that issue.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Independence posted:

He won't lose SS protection in jail, he'll be fine.

This is a point I’d never considered: has there ever been a person sent to prison who had ongoing secret service protection? Or are we entering yet another lacuna in our body of law?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Military prison would bypass a lot of those issues.

Kansas is pretty in early summer :allears:

Or Guantanamo Bay :black101:

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

Kestral posted:

This is a point I’d never considered: has there ever been a person sent to prison who had ongoing secret service protection? Or are we entering yet another lacuna in our body of law?

No, there hasn't been anyone who this has happened to before. The law is pretty clear that he wouldn't lose the protection, but the details of the arrangement would have to be figured out between NYS and the SS from basically nothing.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Sounds like the only acceptable place that can keep him safe then is ADX Florence. Bummer.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

KillHour posted:

Kagrenak posted:

No, there hasn't been anyone who this has happened to before. The law is pretty clear that he wouldn't lose the protection, but the details of the arrangement would have to be figured out between NYS and the SS from basically nothing.

Yeah, it's also not the judge's problem. The Judge sends you to jail then forgets you exist. Working out the logistics is a problem the judge tells other people to solve.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I can’t imagine him getting jail time in this case if it’s at all optional if only because the judge will realize what a shitshow that would be.

His entire presidency, law breaking, delays, jury selection, trial and judgment are all and will be a shitshow.

Everything the man does, touches and acts upon becomes one, for everyone but him.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Comstar posted:

His entire presidency, law breaking, delays, jury selection, trial and judgment are all and will be a shitshow.

Everything the man does, touches and acts upon becomes one, for everyone but him.
being trump is a lot like being stupid or dead: it's everyone else who has to suffer

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

But would he get the Rambo processing?

PainterofCrap posted:

Military prison would bypass a lot of those issues.

Kansas is pretty in early summer :allears:

Or Guantanamo Bay :black101:

The restaurant across the street from Leavenworth has some nice Bison Burgers for the Secret Service to sneak in.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

OgNar posted:

Dont think the sketch has been posted yet

White Power Nap

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Eyespy posted:

White Power Nap

gently caress me, that’s a thread title.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xiahou Dun posted:

gently caress me, that’s a thread title.

yeah we have a winner

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Eyespy posted:

White Power Nap

:perfect:

Caros
May 14, 2008

So by the DA's count trump is up to ten violations of his gag order this week. Including a couple of violations that occurred with trump tweeting from the courthouse.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1780954751858889041?t=O6OERCf9m-sRE2Li8RXx1w&s=19

Genuinely curious what, if anything other than jail, actually puts a stop to this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well let's try jail and see if it works.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

People were saying it was too easy to figure out some of the jurors names based on the clues the press was reporting and the inevitable result of that was that one of the jurors was allowed to be excused because people were contacting them. Great system we have here!

quote:

The woman, who had been seated on the jury on Tuesday, told the judge that her friends and colleagues had warned her that she had been identified as a juror in the high-profile case. Although the judge has kept prospective jurors’ names private, some have disclosed their employers and other identifying information in court.

Moments later, Justice Merchan ordered the press to not report the answer to two queries on a lengthy questionnaire for prospective jurors: “Who is your current employer?” and “Who was your prior employer?”

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Just unbelievable the lack of care taken to protect the jurors when Donald loving Trump is on trial.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The press breathlessly reporting on the best way to find and execute each juror all in the name of journalism.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

smackfu posted:

People were saying it was too easy to figure out some of the jurors names based on the clues the press was reporting and the inevitable result of that was that one of the jurors was allowed to be excused because people were contacting them. Great system we have here!

Jesse Watters said things about her which Trump reposted.
Trumps lawyers said Trumps gag should be excused from reposts.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 18, 2024

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Surely Ian Miles Cheong will refrain from divulging jurors' names, employers and addresses. He's very respectful about such things and Elon/X won't amplify any messages to that effect.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

The press breathlessly reporting on the best way to find and execute each juror all in the name of journalism.

"Now, for.the safety of the jury, we can't disclose the identity of juror 12, born May 27th, 1993, as that could open them up to intimidation. Juror 12, who lives at 324 14th St, unit 32 A, expressed some concern over how much information the media was releasing. Juror 12, who goes to Stella's Diner on the corner of Grove and Forest every morning for a cup of coffee at 6:25 before going to their place of employment at Hank's Hardware, said that the amount of personal information we were releasing to the public was downright frightening."

Just imagine that in a British accent for the fully Monty Python experience.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

OgNar posted:

If you say, "retweet does not equal endorsement," I'm sure you're completely fine.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

OgNar posted:

Gee, I wonder if Trump or his attorneys would give information to Fox News to report on so that they could repost it...Surely they would not commit a crime...

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Donald Trump - less orange, more yellow

https://twitter.com/keasea07/status/1780990391564534121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
His liver is failing, LMAO.