Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Things I want to see:

The evidence linking Gaetz, Boebert, MTG to any of this in a meaningful way
Who the "multiple congresspeople" who tried to get pardons for this were

These two questions may be related!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

BiggerBoat posted:

Huh. Seems like it'd be a hard thing to keep secret.

I hope he has though. I doubt he cares much about protecting Donald and probably doesn't have to worry about self incrimination since he seemed to play by the rules. The base already hates him so it's not like he has to care about alienating them. If they have recorded testimony from Pence, there will be a ton of media hype and a lot of discussion about it so fingers crossed.

Having him walk in to testify during the hearings would be some Nathan Jessup poo poo.

IS THAT MIKE PENCE'S MUSIC?!

I think it was stated that Jacobs and the other guy who worked for Pence gave all the info and they didn't interview him because they had what they needed, but it sure would be amazing if he showed up or taped something. I know the VP's office cooperated fully and gave up all the documents the committee asked for. If they did have him on deck I'm sure they'd do it during a prime time hearing though.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

TulliusCicero posted:

Kushner lmao

This lawyer that talked to Eastman is damning

Herschmann is my favorite slimeball in this entire thing. Just immediately making GBS threads all over Eastman at length.

Also the extended video of everyone saying "Eastman was a stupid idiot" was perfect.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Xiahou Dun posted:

Eastman just shouting the quiet part at the top of his lungs ; laws are supposed to harm and limit the Left while being a tool of the Right.

If anyone had a basis for trying something it was Al Gore. What a loving boondoggle this entire thing was. I'm still trying to picture what would have happened if Pence did send the votes back and it's just not even something I can put in my head.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Herschmann continues to be the best.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
So can Rosen and Donaghue not fire Jeff Clark on the spot? I cannot loving imagine pulling an end run around my boss and his boss in this manner without getting some sort of consequences. Is Clark's position an appointed one?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
https://twitter.com/realJodyHunt/status/1541924119159218176

Hutchinson's lawyer responding to that Alexander tweet. Bring it on.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I want soooooooo badly for Pence to testify. The closer the gop gets to cutting trumpism out like the cancer it is, the more likely he flips. I love how the committee continually praises Pence for defying Trump's coup, giving him a path forward to testify as a hero of democracy (which in every other circumstance is laughably insane)

I'm still holding out hope for a movie moment of Pence coming out in prime time and just spilling it all, but I know that's a pipe dream and I also dont know if I want to give him a visual like that for elections.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

THE BABY BOI WAS STILL CALLING SENATORS DURING THE COUP

holy poo poo what a loon

I mean don't we already have testimony he was calling people while the capitol was being evacuated? I remember he was trying to call Tuberville or something.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

What the gently caress

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I just cannot believe that the President literally sent a mob to kill Mike Pence and Pence won't say a goddamn thing.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
That 6:01 tweet, gently caress you into space

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I dont think he was following any orders other than pathological narcissism.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Oh my god this enormous shithead

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Even fuckin Nixon conceded.

Al Gore is the gold standard for this. He got hosed and still had to shout down his own party calling for him to contest and certified the election.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Give us a preview Benny, need that stinger

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Sock it right to me, Liz. That's the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
My mom had just gotten home from cataract surgery that morning and kept waking up every few minutes saying "what the gently caress is going on down there?!" and zoning out again.

I was still working from home so it was liveposting on discord and Teams all day, no work at all.