Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

A video so good it's worth being posted twice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Desumaytah posted:

Wingnut Welfare is a hell of a thing.

Just seize his assets and give the plaintiffs the run of them. Garnish his twitch stream or whatever. Eat his onlyfans. Crush his bones inside of his skin with magic. Use that same magic to make sure he can only extract oxygen from his own skidmarked briefs. Force him to make the skidmarks. Make a hamster wheel of it all. May God, himself, gently caress this guy.

:hmmyes:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Caros posted:

I assume a comet is going to destroy a DC courthouse moments before the trial there is set to start.

I dub this style of doomposting "Carosing".

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

DarkHorse posted:

https://jacobin.com/2022/06/nazi-billionaires-capitalism-hitler-book-review

Harald Quandt is a premier example of how it was a very successful bet

The Quandts are evil motherfuckers who deserve an eternity of punishment. Any time you want to become extremely angry, watch this documentary. It gets taken down and re-uploaded occasionally, but it's up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shkgyrual2g

Seriously, gently caress those people.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Fart Amplifier posted:

But given that his crimes include misrepresenting the value of his real estate, I don't think it's worth much. If the insurers won't use it as collateral, then there's a reason for that.

It's in the bsky post. Underwriters aren't set up to operate or manage large commercial properties, and selling the property immediately carries the risk of not getting the full amount they're owed. So real estate is worthless to them.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Show how he can do that.

He just files the appeal. It's that simple.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Source that quote please.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Specifically this one https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/C/bo12091283.html

"The Children of Light and the Children of Darkness
A Vindication of Democracy and a Critique of Its Traditional Defense"

TY all.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

The point is that there's a big difference between "Trump is posting photos of the judge's daughter" and "Trump linked to an article that discuss the judge's daughter's role as the president of a political consulting firm at length and happens to contain a photo of her". Trump's bad enough already without needing to exaggerate stuff to keep those views flowing in coming over the slow, boring weekend.

Not when logged in users of the app see the pictures in-line.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

May.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Cimber posted:

So apparently the bond isn't actually a bond, it's just the insurance company saying "Yeah, if Trump loses he's gonna pay up. He pinky promised us he would pay up so you totally don't need to take his stuff."

The linked article is worth a read. This is an amazingly shady deal.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-dollar175-million-bond-is-even-shadier-than-it-looks

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Nervous posted:

I think so, and I think it means we've got one last job for Jimmy Carter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GNN05H8fk

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

That's mostly just a joke people tell about Trump. The fact is that there's plenty of reasons why a notoriously greedy narcissist might want to be president of the United States, a position which is incredibly prominent and powerful.

That's very true, but we should recognize that Obama was on fire that night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGpLg0b3DE

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Cimber posted:

This man made me laugh

That's his job, he's a comedian. I follow his The Liberal Redneck channel on YouTube, and maybe you should too!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

BlackIronHeart posted:

The rock in my little city that gets painted with birthday wishes or RIP Grandpa is currently painted with the words 'Equal rights 4 da unborn', so that's fun.

So do something about it. If you need spray-paint money, hit me up in PMs.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

oh thank god. i was hoping we'd have a second trial to determine if the first trial was decided correctly. can't be too sure about these things.
but...wait a minute...what if these two trials have been affecting the trial?
we need to have a third trial to determine if the first and second trial was bad for the original trial or if the fifth trial hurt the second trial by taking a trail to the first trial all based on rumors in the second trial that might have hurt the third trial.

An appeal isn't a whole new trial. In an appeal, the appealing party points out errors in the trial process that they think changed the outcome. If the judge agrees that errors in the first trial affected the outcome, the original verdict is overturned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Zapp Brannigan posted:

Does the title "Convicted Felon" go away while the appeal plays out?

Nope!