Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

The Proud Boys should be declared a terrorist organization like, today

On top of that, Gavin McInnes should be deported for founding and running the Proud Boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Tampering is a fun word to say.

Tamper tamper tamper tampering

Tamper Tantrum

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Shiver me Tampers

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

Its also not a given that the voting laws they put in to combat an imaginary problem will disproportionately impact Dems. They have already done things like quietly close precincts in urban areas to create long lines in the name of efficiency and budgets, but the laws that come from voting fraud scares usually revolve around making it difficult to vote early or by mail. Dems usually benefit from voting early, but the GOP often benefits from voting by mail due to older voters. The last election was a bit different due to COVID and Democrats wanting to avoid contact, but historically the GOP has counted on their older voters being able to mail in their ballots easily.

I have a friend who was doing electoral work in the 2010 Maryland Gubernatorial race (He wasn't working for a particular campaign, he was part of his county's election board) and he told me of how Bob Ehrlich(R) was heavily leaning on telling people to vote by mail or vote absentee. He still lost by like 15% and was also found to have been attempting voter suppression via faked robocalls (but there was enough separation between him and the PAC doing it to avoid charges sadly), but the point still exists that he saw mail-in and absentee ballots as a positive for him. It's interesting to see how in just 10 years Republicans flipped from relying on absentee/mail-in votes to denouncing them as a liberal plot to rig elections at the dumbest possible time to try that move.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Murgos posted:

Because no one is forging your registration and going to vote in your stead because it’s pretty good odds they’d be caught. In sparse areas the people waiting to vote with you are your neighbors and in dense areas you show up later and are told you already voted and you prove who you are then (or you can’t and get arrested) and the other vote gets tossed.

Meanwhile voter registration can and does get used all the loving time to disenfranchise people. “You said your name is Shaniqa and the card says shanequa, you don’t get to vote”

Who doesn’t have set signatures? Young people and old people so many of them also get disenfranchised and historically have voted left.

There is no voter fraud in any meaningful measure so anything meant to stop voter fraud likely has unintended or other consequences.

Also whatever voter fraud is found is usually overwhelmingly done by Republicans. Funny that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Weird. I'm a Boomer and I was never taught that. To this day, my signature is not the same page to page, to the extent that an agent once made me re-sign multiple pages of a closing document because they don't match well enough. I should fix that, but it's low on the list of things about myself that need fixing.

I have the same issue but I'm a millenial and I don't think we were ever really taught this especially because it really doesn't seem that important given how my generation grew up with those electronic signature pads that never work properly or accurately :v:

That said I do try to make my signature at least close.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jarmak posted:

Having read the memo this is not remotely what it says and this tweet is completely misrepresenting the source.

It straight up just says Garland has to sign off on new investigations into presidential or vice presidential candidates.

Once again another infuriating misrepresentation of facts by a twitter user. Must be a day ending in "y"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Don't care, everybody gotta go. Things like this continue to rot and fester. If I was POTUS (lol), I'd name a bipartisan commission to both remake the entire agency and deal with the immediate issues that will arise while that's being done.

Could pair it with dismantling the rest of DHS while we're at it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Lol Mitch McConnell will shiv anyone

They should've immediately cut to the 2nd impeachment hearing where he voted no, but I know that's not what this is about.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
OLD MEN. RUNNING THE WORLD. - Liz Cheney, probably.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Do you really think the fucker that covered up Iran-Contra is a delicate flower?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It was made explicit. Multiple bits of footage of rioters saying "He told us to go home".

Including video of QAnon Shaman literally going "I AM HERE TO DELIVER THE PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE" followed by him showing everyone the video

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

The state loves DeSantis right now mainly for his unorthodox approach to handling COVID, for better or worse.

Pretending COVID doesn't exist, falsifying data, and going after people who try to actually do their job isn't exactly unorthodox for Republicans.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

He's one of those people where all you have to do is see a picture of him and you know he's a weasel.

He does literally look like every single weaselly accountant type in movies and TV.

Fake Edit: also ha, I forgot he said "nobody cares about the deficit" in 2019. Accidentally saying something true for once.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oracle posted:

He looks like Robbie Rotten from Lazytown.

Hey now that's unfair.

Robbie Rotten at least has some redeeming qualities :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

-Blackadder- posted:

How the hell are they ever going to make a movie out of all this? Anything covering 2016 onward would be unwatchablely over the top.

2016 is a good title though.

Already taken by a Ghanaian sci-fi film from 2010.

Of course, that's without getting into the fact it's also taken by Convicted Felon Dinesh D'Souza for his "documentary" 2016: Obama's America.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

-Blackadder- posted:

Looks like we're at the bottom of the second act of the third movie, where the villain from the first movie briefly comes back to help battle the new, inhumanly powerful big bad.
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1555282305400426501

gently caress off, literal heartless bastard Shadow President.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

This explains why Trump was so mad for the longest time that the White House toilets didn't flush properly. He kept clogging them up with papers he'd ripped up to try and hide.

there's probably a fatberg made up of torn up notes and big mac shits in the white house septic tank now.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

I can't believe Trump was undone by a picture of a toilet. loving President bEatmasterJ, ladies and gentlemen!

Undone by a literal shitpost.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

I thought I remembered reading that the very few times he has ever had to answer questions for a lawsuit (usually after not paying someone) he's always been pretty good about not remembering and not recalling poo poo.

Yeah I was going to say what's to prevent him from just pleading the Fifth on everything?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mirotic posted:

Seems to possibly, maybe have worked in IL, or they're just better at corruption.

For those who were excited about the NYAG, Orange Julius says he took the 5th.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1557370214626508800?t=hyWmf3ogg3TWYagqG1xqWw&s=19

Well the Orange Man himself said innocent people don't plead the fifth so... :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OgNar posted:

The amount of poo poo seen leaving the WH that day was crazy.
The bird still cracks me up.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1349846422657630214

Hmm, i thought more was stolen, but can only find that pic of Marks Meadows wife with the bird and Navarro stealing a picture.
Also all the boxes.

I forget who did it (Meadows?) but someone also stole a bust of Lincoln

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

I actually don't like understatements. We need to call things what they are. Mr. Trump was not "not fully forthcoming ". Mr. Trump "lied". Trump and his team lied about documents in their possession.

Yeah I don't get why the press doesn't just say "lie". Is it a liability thing?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Automatic Slim posted:

Turns out a lot of former MTV personalities have some hard libertarian values. This may or may not fall in with the cynicism of corporate pop/rock music industry but the mental gymnastics to believe Ayn Rand and John Gault are Rock 'n' Roll™, but mental gymnastics are par for the course these days.

"Conservatism is the new Punk Rock" is something that has been said unironically by various right-wing talking heads

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MrMojok posted:

Just look at the things we know he did do (and this list only goes up through late 2019.)

You’ll have to scroll down through the twitter thread. I won’t post them all here, it would take up the rest of the page.

Stuff like item 6 here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmoneyResists/status/1560301535266996224

Is why I'm 100% certain that foreign agents got access to classified/top secret info via Mar-a-Lago. Either from the documents Trump stole or just Trump being a braggart trying to impress people

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Uglycat posted:

Isn't the machine Rudy showed off different from the one the files came from? Like, apple and windows different?

Something like that. The important thing to remember is that at the time John Paul Mac Issac was trying to give the files to Trump, Rudy, et. al, the laptop was already in the hands of the FBI. Mac Issac had made a copy of the files before giving it over to the FBI, and those files are I think the only ones we've actually seen, many of which were added after the laptop was in Mac Issac's hands. Hence why the prevailing theory now might be using hacked iCloud data.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TVs Ian posted:

They found a lot of empty classified info folders, so they probably suspect the contents of those have gone elsewhere.

Or they contained some of the myriad documents they found, it's not exactly clear.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SniHjen posted:

you mention so many things from that motion, and yet, there is so many more things.

He tried to sue the world.

Orange Scorpion, the Man Who Sued The World

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Played a role" is doing so much goddamn heavy lifting here.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well now I feel silly quoting that post just to take issue with the "played a role" bit without even considering the source

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The one constant about Republicans and their allies: they don't want to do work. They would rather hand it off to someone else (projection again of course) and then whinge when they don't get the results they imagined. Shirking responsibility so they can yell at someone for not going along with the masquerade.

I imagine Cannon making the same face Paul Ryan had in every photo when he was in any sort of position of leadership.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 20, 2022

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ok but unless the financial penalty actually hurts them this is meaningless.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Actually even republicans like McTurtle directly called out Trump as causing all this afterwards. As I remember it took a few days for everyone to calm down and start blaming ANTIFA again.

Reminder that McConnell followed up this one moment of clarity by voting "not guilty" on the second impeachment.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Potential Republican presidential candidate" yeah right nobody ever heard of this guy before he got arrested

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Were they ever. You could hear the sadistic glee in their voices every time they got a chance to slag on Chelsea, like just how joyful it was to them to beat up on a young girl.

Even better is Sean Hannity defending that stunt being like "it was a mistake that Chelsea's picture was put up"

Ignoring the fact that
1. It was a pre-taped show and therefore such a mistake could be corrected
2. What the gently caress is the joke supposed to be then?

Just in case you needed a reminder that Sean Hannity has always been a scummy piece of poo poo.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Platonicsolid posted:

Debating if I'd prefer him to go Hilter-style or Mussolini-style. Not thay he'd have the strength of character to end himself.

And hell, we all know it'd be Death of Stalin.

so is Matt Gaetz the Lavrenti Beria of this theoretical scenario?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking less political power and more "disgusting sexual predator who will be thrown under the train at the first sign of trouble"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

He was actually asking them to invoke Marshall’s PLAN

Simple misunderstanding

I thought he wanted Trump to declare Marshall Law an S-teir on the Tekken roster

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The parody is higher-effort than the real deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

There's 20 days left in the month, maybe Bannon and the Mercers will try to do other Jan Insurrections.

Just make the month named after the two faced god have the highest density of failed gov. overthrows.

So Bannon is what, 0 for 2 now? Or are there more I'm not remembering.