Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I'm a rando on the internet and I think setting the precedent of indictment is the bigger deal and part of why this one happened first.

Thanks for reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I don't disagree per se, but it's also a conversation I don't want to get bogged down in while fascism remains an overt threat.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Yeah for real, white nationalism has been pretty transparent about the whole thing.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Staff planning is also a deliberately cultivated skill so might as well get some collateral remits out of the effort already being expended.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Well, the sustainment of the preceding couple decades was something

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I hope he can still run for office and fracture the rightist vote!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Could it maybe be useful as a path towards an independent chain of constructing charges if the current FL case gets tanked? As a separate set of events that wasn't even under investigation at the time it has an extra degree of separation, maybe?

I'm just a dog on the internet so I have no insight or human intelligence.

E. woof

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Madkal posted:

You can just go up to America and grab her by the SIOP*.

*Single Integrated Operational Plan, the plan for general nuclear war up until 2003 :hist101:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I imagine it's like that hurricane map but instead of us states, the little salient goes from "not legal" to "legal*.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I think it's more the perception that if investigations are inconvenient enough, you can get away with very egregious poo poo. To paraphrase Michael Scott, you miss finding 100% of the mycrimes.txt logs you don't search for.

Compare and contrast to the keelhauling poor and racialized people have for merely existing. That doesn't seem great for legitimately!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

Thread title tagline: "Trump Legal Troubles: A man who stands by his convictions"

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Lammasu posted:

Even Caligula was faithful to his wife.

And was normal enough to own animals!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Staluigi posted:

trump legal troubles: riiiiico lolllllllllllllllll

:nice:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Never forget that sesame Street's appearances of Donald Grump started in goddamn 1988.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 21, 2023

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

And they're definitely not pretty enough to pull off a Jeremy Meeks or Iosef Stalin kinda mugshot.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Trump Legal Troubles: 215 lbs? Let's see that girth certificate

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Using solid gold instead of leaf is not the best use of my tax dollars and is why i prefer the bloodsports of Classical Trumpism.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Or get a hammer and sickle plat icon in friday forum to show off your marxist bonnafides.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

It's like an irl Chewbacca defense oh my god

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

trump exists in a state of quantum linear superposition: everything is unknown until it's measured and, once it is, it's exactly what it needs to be. even if you have to go two words at a time a statement is always good and correct.

The philosophical essay "On Bullshit" is a good primer for understanding this.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

This is prettymuch the natural progression of a ruling system that both originated in white supremacy but is too :decorum: to admit it.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

2gags1tweet.avi

We're sure for a title change anyways and this sparks joy.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I made The Dark Urge a warlock and mostly noncombat spells because you can cause an absurd amount of chaos with high charisma and mobility spells.

Also now would be a timely occasion to recommend reading modern philosophy Harry Frankfurt's essay 'On Bullshit', or at least browse the Wikipedia article.

Tldr: bullshit is different and more insidious than mere lies because the liar cares about the truth and can be refuted with facts. The bullshitter will say whatever is necessary because the words themselves are ephemeral and crafted to channel emotional responses.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Trust The Computer! The Computer is your friend!

Admittedly my main/only source on this is the Knowledgefight guys, but it seems his shows are over 50% begging for money at this point.

I saw an alex jones game on steam, it was some low effort side dogwhistle bullshit that made the Sex With Hitler steampunk game look professional by comparison.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The ted nugent of lawyers.

Ps,

Tayter Swift posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Trump Legal Troubles: Alina Habba's Day Off

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Trump Legal Troubles: (someone posted this in the Trump Legal Issues thread)

Why is there a whole trump legal issue thread about trump legal troubles

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

He's the president, can't he just have the Fed print some more dragon balls and wish the debt back to zero whenever it gets too high?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Lest We Forget, Sesame Street has been throwing shade at him since the 80s for being living offal.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

haveblue posted:

BORN TO GRIFT
REAL ESTATE IS A gently caress
lock em up 2024
I am indictment man
464,576,230.62 PENALTY DOLLARS

:drat:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Doesn't the P in SIOP mean personal?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Oil! posted:

Also something like 95% of the available shares are being loaned for shorts at a 500% interest rate.

98% according to today's money stuff, and at a 550% rate. God bless Matt Levine.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

"An ingroup that the law protects but does not bind." The very idea that a rich white man could be punished for merely breaking the law goes against everything conservatism stands for.

Since it's in the news today, I remember a number people supporting Orenthal the Killer back in the day because it was the first time they saw a black man use his fame and wealth to game the system like a white man.

Turmp! facing consequences is like the inverse of that.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Judges virtually always convict because judges become extremely cynical due to the nature of the job and are thus extremely unlikely to believe anything a defendant says. The purpose of jury trials is not because anyone thinks jurors are smart, it's because twelve random people,screened for bias, are far more neutral than the judge would be.

Years ago I was told the chestnut that statistically one is better off with a jury if guilty, and with a judge if innocent. I wonder how well that aged post 9/11

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

haveblue posted:

Fuming and increasingly isolated (room clears as everyone gets a whiff)

*Bangs gavel*

Odour in the court!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Maybe but "the antisemitic trope is so widespread it's no longer considered antisemitic" sure is a step backwards.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Caros posted:

I'm not sure they can escalate the fines. $1000 appears to be the statutory max.

Apply surveillance capitalism rules and pay-per-impression!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

E. Nm, Uncle Clarence isn't worth it.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The answer to that incongruence, like many other bullshit aspects of things in the US, is that it's just a manifestation white supremacy. It's this way by design and there's too much momentum behind existing power structures to meaningfully impact it on a meaningful timescale.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

haveblue posted:

You mean Canadian Bacon us

They're just catching up to ten years ago in that a right leaning nationalist populist endorsed by alex jones and cozy with accelerationist groups is likely to win the next election and push harmful economic and social policy. So they prob won't, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Kristi Noem's shotgun perks up.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a puppy.