Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
What book deal are people talking about? The article mentions books that are already published and not authored by Gen Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
To some degree that's occurred already via a superseding indictment.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hey, i might not be a lawyer but I'm still a better lawyer than Alina Habba

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hmm, off the top of my head...

Lionel Hutz
Bob Loblaw
Michael Avenatti
or Popehat, but only if he can get attorney client privilege waived beforehand.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Was trump's truth in support of Budweiser a ploy to get on Kavanaugh's good side?

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Not even Elon would pay 4b for truth social.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
trump showing up with 400M in foreign cash only to be met at the courthouse by IRS agents who confiscate 39 percent for federal taxes is my preferred scenario

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If NY does seize Trump property, ironically they may later receive a windfall, by removing his name: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/02/report-trump-branded-nyc-real-estate-plummeted-in-value-since-2016/

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
No one gave Trump a 5m bond. No one gave him an 83m bond, due tomorrow. It would seem 454 is right out. The appeal isn't a good bet. Collecting on the debt when Trump is the sitting president is a very bad risk.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
2 weeks for an opinion. I think this means McAfee is loving wade now and stretching things out for the the Doubletree points

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Donkringel posted:

When Carroll starts seizing Trump property, how does she know she has grabbed enough stuff? I know there was a whole trial about mis-evaluations but obviously a debt collector wouldn't listen to the evaluations of things from the debter.

To me it seems like she would claim valuation from other records, like tax filings... Which Trump massively undervalued, right?

I'm pretty sure they force a sale, and give back whatever is over the penalty. They can't actually assume property, unless it's separtely negotiated.

What I don't get, is that if E Jean is going after Trump personally, and James is going after Trump org, does E Jean have to move really fast to get the assets in the Org's name? That seems like a nightmare.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I would have lost money betting against someone backing the bond. It does seem like a sure way to lose money, unless you are also planning on putting up the money for the 500M+ bond (466M +10%). That left unsecured would allow NY to start collection and gut the trump org before the 90M can be repaid to the bond guarantor.

But this is great news for E Jean. Given the lattitude granted to Habba, it does seem like an appeal is a long shot, and it might even be quickly decided. I haven't read any strong arguments when it comes to grounds for appeal (by any source that isn't obviously on the trump side).

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Devor posted:

I don't think we have any evidence that it's unsecured on Chubb's side. But presumably they gave him terms to allow him to slowly liquidate an asset on his own timeline, instead of E Jean grabbing Trump Tower and liquidating it. But it's great for her that she'll get the cash immediately upon winning.

Ah, good point, thanks.

Although now I'm picturing being secured by 300,000 pairs of not-yet-made, bad sneakers.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I am less sure that Trump secured the bond. It's possible that someone else guaranteed it.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
That's why I tend to think someone else secured the bond. It doesn't scream due diligence to accept a lien against property from an entity that was found guilty of fraud for overvaluing property. And in the course of the trial that entity was credibly accused of making up a fake, 50m loan. The CFO is headed back to jail for perjury.

This is well below low-tier junk bond.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Her best shot at revenge is to continue acting as his lawyer.

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is the Schwab account securing the bond holding a large amount of DJT stock?

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The reporting that I saw was that the contents were not put back by the special master when reviewing evidence, not necessarily by the FBI themselves. The special master was there at the request of trump's team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If we've learned anything, it's that you should always get a separate NDA/non-disparagement agreement for your penis.