Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I mean the congresspeople fascist enough to actually partake in the J6 business don’t really have to be afraid of optics because their voting base will either A: not hear of their crimes due to media bias or B: fully approve of their actions. Optics isn’t an issue for these people. The only times it matters is in the legal sense i.e. don’t admit to crimes, let the persecution work themselves to that trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

The guy is saying without hyperbole the former President of the United States is an active threat to democracy

You don't utter those words wrecklessly in front of Congress

Unless your republican, then you bring up the heinous crimes of ex-president Hillary Clinton every other day.

She what? She wasn’t?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Soon heard on Fox: “The……..President……is…..a clear and present danger to democracy”.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

BonoMan posted:

So divinely inspired it needed "whoopsie" amendments

The divinely inspired and also literal Word of God in the Bible is shock full of whoopsies and inconsistencies so checks out tbh.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Maybe he heard that Mein Kampf was written in prison and decided he could be more efficient (also film is certainly a more palpable form of medium than writing for big chudgus).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I laughed way louder than I should have.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It's frustrating in a way, because this is proof that Democrats can be competent and effective when they truly want to be.

I would assume the committee is not overly concerned about big donors and their feefees.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The Trump administration would’ve been a hilarious film by the Cohen brothers if it wasn’t so goddamn hateful and destructive.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I'll be honest, I'm a petty motherfucker and I'm kind of loving how incredibly not angry Alex Jones is about this right now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

Pooooooosssssssst.

Oh sorry I don't have any content in regards to that. I'm just speaking out of assumptions.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Rigel posted:

I think we can be pretty confident now that Trump will be indicted for some extremely serious felonies and the DOJ will probably take at least one good crack at a trial before 2024.

"Getting off" at this point would probably be some secret MAGA chud hanging the jury, which unfortunately is pretty likely.

"TOTALLY EXONERATED" on Truther forever and ever.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I think it’s fair to say that anyone still close enough to big Don on the 6th that the committee want to talk to them is kind of a garbagy human being.

Anyone who even entertained the thought of working under the Trump umbrella after his extremely public and outright racist birther campaign should be shunned from society.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The funny thing about “this is all heresy” is that no one in the GOP sphere would consider that a bad statement. “Yeah they’re attacking God Emperor Trump, ofc it’s heresy!”

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Scipiotik posted:

Every republican thinks they can be the king. It's part of the belief system. They're just all cowards and waiting for the first knives to enter him before they commit.

This is incidentally how they’re all responding to the idea of secession. They all want to form the CSA again but they all want someone else to take that first step, because they know deep down they’ll get yeeted real quick.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Jimmy Fallon: not only obnoxiously unfunny, but also enabling normalisation of Donald Trump for some easy yucks.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

What are the odds that Jones ends up having Rudy Giuliani for his defence in CT?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

When you’re lying through hell, keep lying.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Rigel posted:

The new special counsel was working on Thanksgiving.

https://twitter.com/Roniretired1/status/1595964769852592130

Clear indication that Trump will become next years pardoned Turkey.

Am I doing :nothingmatters: right? Not used to it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

America was doomed the moment Nixon could yeet away on Marine Force One without any repercussions.

That being said I’m hoping the writers of this season of reality are building for some hilarious poo poo for Trump.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

But he isn’t 5th:ing on where he lives, so what gives?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Question: would the person being interrogated have to be the one to verbally plead the fifth or can a lawyer do it for them? If not I’d love to see Trump try and stick to a robotic repeat answer for hours at a time without slipping into crazytown.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The best case scenario (which is absolutely not happening just to be clear) is that Trump actually get “rescued” by his chud base and whisked away for his safety to some undisclosed location. Because remember: no one hates his base more than Trump himself.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I think any and all disturbances or violence would kick off after the arrest, not before.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

PainterofCrap posted:

This requires a level of competence in planning and logistics not demonstrated to date by his supporters

I kind of picture it sort of as a 90’s stoner comedy where they just sort of bumble their way through a series of wacky circumstances against all odds.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I don’t know anything about the legal team in question but I’m gonna assume they’re treating this case with above average vigilance when it comes to risk/cost analysis.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Diet Coke taste good from bottle and bad from can, zero is the reverse. This has been my Ted Talk.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

We don’t even have Diet Pepsi here, only Pepsi Max which is a crime against humanity.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

He could’ve skated through life by being the mayor of NYC at its craziest day in history, lmao

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

snorch posted:

I went to high school in Germany and in history class they taught us how antisemitic propaganda was effective due to its simple slogans, whereas flyers posted in defense of our friends the jews were often full-page essays.

I guess what I'm saying is, lol.

I genuinely think that Trump's presence on Twitter was enormously helpful in creating his persona, not the least because (at the time) Twitter only allowed a limited amount of characters, meaning he couldn't go on these wall-of-texts tirades.

I mean this is obviously a pdf. posted on the account but the point stands. Giving him *more* space to talk is actively hurting his messaging.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ah yes, the “you’ve taken me out of context” defence. Worked great for Alex Jones when he insisted you needed to watch hundreds of hours of Infowar footage in order to fully comprehend the footage of him dismissing Sandy Hook parents as actors.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

There was a thing about Trump and some of his lawyers making drat sure some of the other lawyers wouldn’t have a full picture of their shenanigans which is not the best optics to be had if you want to play the victim of bad lawyering.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Technowrite posted:

Can the DOJ dangle a plea deal in front of Trump that basically says, "Drop out, never run for anything again, and this all goes away"?

The optics of this would be catastrophic, and easily one of the dumbest things any DOJ could possibly allow itself to do. It would giftwrap “the weaponisation of the DOJ” talking point to the chuds and they’d have actual meat on that bone for once.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Snuffman posted:

Honestly, I think it was losing the character limit. He could be succinctly awful in 128 characters, but once the limit went away he just became crazy rambling grandpa.

Yep, this is key to his political story I think. If he could ramble on on Twitter back in 2015 as he can now on Truther (or Twitter/X for that matter, he got his account back he’s just not using it, lol) I seriously genuinely doubt he’d pick up enough momentum and media coverage to make it to the White House.

Trump on Truther right now comes across as Mike Lindell and that is not a winning strategy.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Charlz Guybon posted:

Georgia prosecutors have messages showing Trump’s team is behind voting system breach

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/13/politics/coffee-county-georgia-voting-system-breach-trump

This strikes me as significant but I’m no Jack Smith.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m Russia, failed rebels get the ride of their life, I’m sure these schmucks are jealous of their Russian friends.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

TOTALLY EXONERATED, THANK YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Trump would love to brag that he’s important enough to shut down Atlanta so he’ll absolutely claim that they did lol

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

What spicy nickname for Cannon can we expect tonight I wonder.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Judging by the general contempt for anything approaching competence from the Trump camp, I’m gonna suggest that Trump and his lawyers will interact somewhat close to how John Cleese defends Peter Cook here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPDBeoUGnYE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m a simple man: Trump is impotently screeching into his Twitter-rip-off, I laugh. I might even lmao.