Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

surf rock posted:

I'm honestly still surprised that the police didn't join the mob.

I mean, some of the did. The others got beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Jesus, I forgot how ridiculous this was almost. I was working that day and only paid half attention at the beginning.

edit- ugh bad snipe

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

Dudes, I was off work that day and loving watched/heard all of it on unedited livestreams. For some reason, most of them came unarmed. This time. That's a little suprising given how much they love guns and how much dry powder they've been storing since Barrack Obama was elected.

If that IS his real name I mean.

Also, Trump is never going to jail gtfo

There's no way people would have weapons in the crowd during the Trump speech. The Secret Service would never allow it.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

XboxPants posted:

There was a scene with a large group of people pushing against a group of cops, and each person was being pushed by the person behind them, and more people kept coming in and adding their force to the human battering ram... and you could start to hear them just moaning from the life being squeezed out of them, hundreds of people rhythmically groaning like they had combined to becoming some terrible fleshy monster. Very eerie.

Crowd crush is a crazy phenomenon. Combine it with mob mentality and it is a recipe for disaster.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

mdemone posted:

Quick Reaction Force

drink

edit- This Proud Boy montage is like a bad Marvel movie, jfc how did we get so dumb.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
The Proud Boys took a taco break from the insurrection.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Well yeah, it's tacos

A taco summit will heal America.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

cochise posted:

Secret Service suburban

Escalade, I think. The President cannot be seen in a Chevrolet.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Automata 10 Pack posted:

lol

republicans can totally just give false testimonies that are easily debunked to delegitimize the committee, can't they

I guess if those witnesses want to do hard time for perjury. Random aides won't get the same leeway as fully grown lapdogs for perjury.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Maybe Trump is on Ozempic like Desantis. :v:

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Why would Trump, a bajillionaire, pay a bondman 10% = $20k to make bail? Why not just pay the $200k and get it back when you report for court? (he's running)

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1694886846050771321?s=20

Well that's definitely the real one.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Randalor posted:

How to bail bondsman work anyways? Is it "just" that they pay the full bail amount and pocket the 10% deposit because they get the full amount back when the person appears in court, so they come out 10% richer, or is there more to it than that?

That was my understanding. That the 10% is forfeited to the bondsman as interest on the bail loan, basically. If you skip bail, they can send the bounty hunters after you and turn you in for the bail from the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Gort posted:

Are massively-inflated-to-the-point-where-a-judge-can-call-it-obvious-and-throw-it-out property values a common problem in the USA?

Yes (maybe not massively, but definitely inflated), because no one really looks into it unless it is specifically egregious. The whole point is to inflate value to use as collateral on a loan. As long as you make payments and don't try to overthrow the American Democracy, no one really cares. This is a very broad statement and I am not an authority on the subject frfr.

ummel fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 28, 2023