Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Bishyaler posted:

People are latching on like THIS will finally be the thing that puts Trump in jail. This is just the second half of the Mueller Report, but its hilarious to watch the gullible get their hopes up.

Friend, nothing matters until suddenly it does. I don't have high expectations for this series of panels, but I think it's equally as foolish to dismiss it out of hand as it is to believe that this will directly lead to Trump being jailed or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
That's heartening, I'm glad people were tuning in. I do think that staggering the hearings to one every couple of a days is a good call. Gives the media time to chatter and speculate about revelations, and then an injection of new drama.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm over 50 years old and I can't recall a time in my life where things looked this loving bleak. I really can't.

Neither could my 86 year old grandmother who died last year.

These are definitely bleak times, but what choice do we have except to keep moving forward? I wish I was born into the world that I hope to live in, yet here I am right here right now. This is our time and its our responsibility to fix the problems, because nobody else is going to save us.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
You would think that a sitting Congressman would maybe understand that the Capitol building has security cameras. You would think.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Ginni Thomas seems like one of those people who is the walking, talking, breathing example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'd say the existence of the Build Back Better Act that Biden was desperate to pass last year kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the argument that he is "right-wing as hell".

He's certainly not as left on many issues as I am, or as I would hope he could be, but he's clearly also not a right-winger.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Since the rumor-mill is buzzing about how Trump fully plans to peg everything on Eastman and make him take the fall, I do hope that Eastman has considered flipping himself.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

InsertPotPun posted:

healthier than anyone in this thread will ever be.

I hate to do this, but: citation needed. Ted Cruz is a blobby piece of poo poo, the man is not healthy to begin with, and I'm pretty certain that at least a handful of people posting in this thread are emphatically healthier than he is.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I don't doubt the guy has access to great healthcare, but having access does not = being healthier than everybody posting itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Oh shoot, the last scheduled hearing is tonight? Time flies. These hearings have been really, really good so far, I'm very impressed. I think keeping all the MAGA yahoos off of the committee has paid enormous dividends.