Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

XboxPants posted:

WaPo Live said no, Fox isn't, Fox News isn't, you have to get Fox Business to see it.
Was curious and switched over to find Tucker JUST ASKING QUESTIONS and ceding conspiracy theories around 01/06.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

Cheney is a republican and so is Kinzinger
Cheney is getting likely to be primaried and told her party members to go gently caress themselves in political decorum language.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I feel like it's going to matter in a very counterfactual sense. Trump may not run again because of it. It may stop future election stealing foolishness outside of just using the law to disenfranchise people.

In short, the ways where it might matter, we won't know if it actually mattered.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

TipTow posted:

Sorry to be that guy, could anyone give a rundown on what the gently caress happened today? I've been posting but also have enough poo poo to do at work I couldn't turn it on a feed and watch consistently
--We got the smoking gun
--Trump World knew it was going to be violent and main parties that would instigate most extreme violence
--Confirmation again Trump was okay with Pence dying
--Plan was for Trump to go to Capital
--Trump tried to take the wheel and strangle a secret service agent when prevented from doing so
--Intimidated witnesses afterwards

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

-Blackadder- posted:

With everything else going on I don't think it's really sunk in yet how much the Trump administration has completely destroyed political satire.
I remember a quote from someone at Rockstar about making new Grand Theft Autos admitting that it's not even clear how you would even make something more ridiculous than actual America.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

Don't go down the road of banning political parties. It doesn't end well. It's very bad company.
I don't think that you should ban political parties, but I do think at one point you probably have to figure out some way to cajole the Democratic and Republican Parties to break up because it's one of the key broken parts of our country.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Honestly, I've always felt 01/06 apologists were lovely, but I also didn't necessarily feel that MIke Pence was actually in danger of being murdered. The President of the United States tried to indirectly murder his VP.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
The thing about the WSJ and the Post is they have readership that is not exclusively conservatives The WSJ obviously serves financial elites, and the Post finds a lot of working class niches, having a very strong education beat for example--which they wield how you would expect. I don't think looking at the Post or the WSJ turning on Trump means much. It serves their more moderate readership while also feeding them anti-trans and pro-cop propaganda.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Murgos posted:

“Peekaboo”? Cutting your nicknames a bit sharp these days, eh? Is he saving the full out racist name calling for the post indictment call to Hannity?
Letitia "Peekaboo" James sounds like she would be played by Pam Grier and would have kicked Trump's butt in the 70s when he was a slumlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

OgNar posted:

Dons got a big announcement tomorrow.
I tried looking at his website to see him announcing his announcement, but the news section is gone and it tries to force you to give a phone number and email to proceed.

https://twitter.com/BettyBowers/status/1603117349128880128

Oh wait, found his announcing of his announcement.
https://twitter.com/alx/status/1603066885867802624
I mean there's a greater than 0 chance that Trump drinks toxic waste on stage in an effort to literally give himself superpowers.