Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I figure that there's going to be a combination of things that make awakenings easier to trigger as the game goes on, food buffs and skills that increase your meter gain and longer battles in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah this feels like a Persona 5 Strikers kind of situation where it's a direct follow up to the previous title, not a spinoff.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So has anyone else noticed that there's room on the skill screen to equip way more than 4 skills? I'm guessing that'll be one of the camp upgrades in the full game.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Welp, guess it's time to mute this thread until I get my copy tomorrow. :T

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It's okay, it took me a good long while to realize that the battle prep screen shows you what enemy types are in the stage.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

nuketulsa posted:

One more dumb question, if I replay an older mission it doesn't increase supports or anything like that at all right, reward and gold only?

Replaying missions will give you everything a regular mission does, exp, class exp, money, items, weapons, support points, so on and so forth.

You can't get multiples of clear bonuses though, like if you got a bullion for your first clear or S-ranking the stage you can't get another by doing it again. And I'm just assuming but I don't think you can recruit characters on a replay.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Counterpoint, axes are rad and the Warrior’s axe-cartwheel attack rules.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo my Mario amiibo just gave me a Brave Bow :stare:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Age of Calamity had it's DLC announced a few months after launch.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Inu posted:

Are adjutants good? I just realized I don't think I've used that mechanic even once yet.

I think the biggest advantage to adjutants is how they power up your supers for no cost. If you're fighting a boss and another character is nearby, it's definitely worth it to pair-up and get some burst damage. Otherwise I generally just use them tactically spread out.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Judge Tesla posted:

Just give us a Slitherer campaign, I want to see the wacky adventures of Thales, Solon, Kronya and Cleobulus.

We've got enough mages already, thanks.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So this is interesting. I just got Lorenz and Constance's C support after doing their paralogue and Lorenz actually references their competition in dialogue.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

No after you finish the final map you can load up that save file and finish things up before starting NG+.

I am starring down the barrel of NG+ Azure Gleam just to get Lysithea her sword. I hate the Kingdom and I don't want to play this route so I'm pondering setting it to easy to see how fast I can blitz through it with just Shez and Mercedes.

Just turn down the volume, skip all the cutscenes, and listen to smooth jazz.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Deltasquid posted:

Not sure how much energy Linhardt, Constance and Lysithea are burning. Or are you suggesting the best cardio in the three houses universe is casting magic? :hmmyes:

Linhardt sure, but Lysithea is constantly burning the candle at both ends because she knows she doesn’t have a lot of time, and you can’t tell me that Mad-Scientist-Constance doesn’t burn a the midnight oil every night on her projects.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
All Tricksters will have an elemental Blade combat art, either Lightblade, Iceblade, or Shadowblade. In my experience they're really good, spammable arts and you should use them a lot.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Finally finished Scarlet Blaze, and after some deliberation I think I'm gonna run it again on Maddening before going to other routes.

Regarding Arval like others have said their story seems incomplete but I can't really bring myself to give a poo poo about them so whatever.

Also, just gonna get this out of my system:

EPIMENIDES NUTZ

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I just want them to bring back stuff like the "Rack up KOs" missions

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/demileaf_/status/1547657211660316678?s=20&t=fm4hheIJZomYXVtnteFQng

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Renown carries over to NG+.

I don't believe that you get refunds on anything you've purchased, but all the things you buy (characters, items, and equipment) will also get carried over so you're never losing it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The book in your tent, next to where Arval hangs out.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It’s been years since 3 Houses came out and I still can’t believe that she does both Dorothea and Shamir

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
The irony is that any changes Dimitri makes to society still have Edelgard to thank, since without her war giving him the excuse to purge anyone who isn't loyal to him he'd never be able to do anything.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

"those who slither in the dark have launched a deadly strike using their mastery of the dark arts, to recruit some bandits"

Historically, recruiting bandits has worked out pretty well for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I always tried to find a combat art or spell that can just annihilate huge swaths of mooks and use it judiciously. The elemental blade arts you get from Thief are a great example.