Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Sydin posted:

Yeah thief Petra is ridiculous, just absolutely juggles the hell out of whole rooms.

In regards to the datamine, the caveat the group I saw doing it put out was that a) the devs actually did way better job than most in scrubbing a lot of main game data and references out of the demo, and b) Koei-Techmo games are notoriously difficult to datamine, so all we have now are extremely basic stuff like the names of chapters and achievements. Maybe there's more that will get teased out but honestly at this point we're all just waiting for the full game to drop, only two weeks out.

e. lol as I say it looks like some more info dropped this morning. Spoilers on additional potentially playable units: Seteth, Flayn, Catherine, Jeralt, and... the Gatekeeper (lol) all have likes and dislikes implying they have a roster page. Meal/Tea Party dialogue has specifically been found for Seteth and Jeralt so it's almost a lock they're eventually recruitable.

Here's the running google doc the data miners are using if you want to follow the progress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1da5Ds2ppXrnPVTreR2t2820KLTdma1FyxPJBcrizPno

On Jeralt, don't necessarily be so sure. Three Houses itself is an example. Man had a tea scene and voiced dialogue in data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Metis of the Hallways posted:

I found that last detail very interesting!

I keep calling those guys the Mysterons, and it's still apparently accurate.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Deltasquid posted:

Also the conceit of this game and the playable characters are kind of a hilarious juxtaposition. Cutting through literal hundreds of mooks makes sense as Shez or Byleth or Catherine or Dimitri, but it kind of falls apart when you think a little bit about how or why Manuela is a whirlwind of death with her fists if you class her that way

There's a reason her class is Assassin if she doesn't join anyone after the skip...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Gyoru posted:

alternate timeline where events happen differently because Shez (you, the protagonist) is the one who ends up meeting the three heirs

Wait then. Then how did Byleth end up coming to the Church's attention?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Well, it's why the dictator position existed, and who knows? Maybe he'll give it up afterwards. Or not.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm surprised it wasn't a hammer.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I dunno. Someone actually listening in a non-judgemental way without is really hard to find. More so given the children are all mostly political pawns.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

hosed up that Jeralt and Byleth have such small support pools. I feel like they should at least have C-ranks with the respective lords, but nooo.

No one knows them. No one trusts them. And why should they?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Byleth is Beleth, the demon of love. This is inevitable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beleth
https://mythus.fandom.com/wiki/Beleth

Sitri's name is similar in this regard, so they're trying to make a point.

https://genies.fandom.com/wiki/Sitri

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 28, 2022

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Actually seeing him, he makes more sense. He's as paranoid as she has turned out. "I see where she gets it from." indeed.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 28, 2022

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

most likely it'll be useful in the event of like, eventual maddening difficulty DLC requiring minmaxing

Maddening already exists. It's unlocked after a clear game.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 30, 2022

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

And Holst couldn't have been a playable unit in Houses because he's just as game breaking as they made him sound.

On the other hand, this is Warriors: everyone becomes a death machine in Warriors, especially lately. Nintendo are probably looking at how Byleth is here and are wishing it had existed for use as the Final Smash.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Ferdinand's design tells you that he's more self-confident than a human has a right to be.
Marianne's design tells you that she's five minutes away from a serious nervous breakdown.
Hilda's design tells you that she will absolutely complain about how you got your blood all over her while she was killing you.

In all three of these, you're backfilling knowledge you already have. I don't feel their designs tell you these things at all. What, is pink meant to tell you she'll go EW?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Eimi posted:

Jeralt can barely raise Byleth so I am assuming he just bought a bunch of women's clothes and told her to pick what she liked, because he had no idea what to do. Byleth being Byleth, rolled around in the pile and kept wearing whatever she came put with.

Except leggings/stockings with that kind of patterning would have to be custom-made. They're too complex and ornate to be some rush job or throw-out.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

"Multiple crest holders love sweets to an incredible degree, because holding a crest makes you prefer them."

I'd have thought that was just 'burning a lot of energy'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Frankly it's just disappointing that Koei and Intsys listened to the fools and trolls that said Dimitri becoming an insane beserker that hallucinates the voices of the dead telling him to brutally murder all his enemies was dumb and bad when actually it was very good and cool.

A Dimitri that doesn't go full Boarman just ain't my guy.

Why?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

But there's been none of that. He's always 5 seconds from snapping and either killing everyone, himself, or both. And he's under even worse stress, because everyone's counting on him.

And frankly I'm glad that the matter of the Tragedy is being cleaned up. What's wrong with THAT?

There is nothing of worth in an idiot berserker dragging everyone and everything to Hell with him.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 7, 2022

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Three Houses plus mechs would be pretty cool.

Well, the Mysterons/Slithers have these 'Titanus' things...it may happen yet.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The thing is, Three Hopes is very much 'Empires, but with a plot'. Or possibly the build up mode from 7 and 8. All these random, empty battles.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Given the golems....yes. Yes she is.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Though I’m also a Musou player who’s been playing poo poo like Dynasty Warriors 5.

....Wait, are you saying this in a 'veteran' sense or a '5 is strategic' sense or a '5 is bad' sense?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

The war against Kronos and Typhon would be an interesting period if you did want to go this way.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

or having Sothis physically show up and say "hey, cut it out, dear".

Even that might not do it, especially if she showed up as tiny. She has a certain image in her head, and if the reality didn't fit, she's as likely to destroy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

McTimmy posted:

Coffee isn't even that widespread in Fodlan why is this a common line :argh:

Well, the one with that line is Gremory-type. High-class, noble.