Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
framblem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
personally i'm more up for supports between characters that didn't have any in three houses. if you want them to A support it already exists

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Rip. Knew his prognosis would be awful but wasn't expecting it that quickly

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
what's the worst romantic support and why is it dorothea/hanneman

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Forgotten half of what goes down in Three Houses so finally doing the one route I never bothered with to refresh my memory (Silver Snow) and White Clouds sure is more tolerable when you put a two year gap after the last time you did it

Still drags a bit though

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
as a musou veteran I can assure you that you'll grow accustomed to everybody being an unstoppable killing machine in gameplay terms regardless of actual skill or personality

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I am going to use my favourites

Everyone is my favourite

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
My selection process is always "whichever two units are energized + whoever has type advantage for the map"

anyway here is an irrelevant screenshot

very happy to have his noble BFF back

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Caspar fits thematically but I am guessing you're not using him then

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
training can be the difference between victory and defeat

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
also there's some expedition related achievements so at least do em a bit for those

haven't had perfect answers yet, feeling very scorned

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
just imagine any character kissing any other character in your mind, why do you need Nintendo to spell it out

thinking about solon kissing cyril as we speak

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
regardless of how worthwhile to the plot shez is, their supports are great and having an actual back and forth conversation is pretty much 100% why

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Eimi posted:

Well AG has been suffered through, and it's on to VW, which I might actually not skip all the cutscenes on. However I didn't know that dark bishop actually offered Shez a useful, would've much rather done this on a route I wasn't paying attention to the story on, I am now faced with the choice of suffering through an entire playthrough as mShez for essence of darkness. I really wish skill descriptions were actually descriptions and not just vague statements so I could determine if that was worth it or no.

perhaps just increase your threshold for what constitutes suffering

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

pictured: not remotely romantic

'both remained unmarried and became extremely close'

good to see you back!

For content: much like 3 houses (hell, like every FE), all the best writing is in the supports

Nth-ing the sentiment that Petra is vastly improved and her Hubert B support is great. ferd is still the best, I wish Manuela had a couple extra supports, and every now and then I'm freshly struck by how ridiculous Jeritza's voice is. "This is part of me now" particularly stands out

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
been sticking with people in their preferred classes, but now they're mastering their main line I've started to branch out

mortal savant lysithea is as mad as I was promised. Gonna put Hubert into Brawler and slap some Aura Knuckles on him too I think

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
nothing but the best for you!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
If/when they add the non playable cast back in, I wonder if they'll get their own paralogues or just join onto other people's. Cyril is just kinda hanging around for the Seteth and Flayn one so I could see him getting made officially part of it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
important lore:

byleth - has a good eye
shez - has an eye for quality, friend

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
finished Azure Gleam last night. it's uhhhh certainly a route! my second one after scarlet blaze

felix was probably the most improved lion in my opinion, letting him have responsibilities and things helped quite a bit. (petra is most improved eagle, hapi is most improved anybody)

gonna run through golden wildfire then put the game down and wait to see if DLC comes along as i know each route has two branches, so if it does the houses thing of "there's an extra story but also a bunch of poo poo added to regular playthroughs" then i figure i can do the alternate branch for each house with DLC perks

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
for my three houses runs I deliberately only recruited a smattering of characters each time, with the exception of my current SS run where I'm recruiting everybody (as I'm reliably informed its the worst route so might as well gently caress around)

The way Hopes does it is good but two things it needs imo

1. The Deer need more recruits

2. Once the final chapter is done you should be able to train every character you've ever had at the grounds, even if they're not on that route. Add in a way to get more training points also, every X levels cleared in the record keeper or something

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I forgot what a delightful character awaited me on my third route

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
they all had supports with multiple houses though, except Balthus who was deer only

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
wait a minute...these goalposts aren't where I left them...!

was just responding to "all their supports are one house", which they're not. in any case I like the wolves as free agents with some specific geographical ties. without it we wouldn't get balthus/edelgard

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
but the lore!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
gave mine to ferdinand because ferdinand

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Adjuncts have their purpose. You can get weaker characters levelled up without putting em in danger, good for building supports, you can send em out for attacks if their weapon has triangle advantage, and you can get a double special attack that does a lot more damage than a solo special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
so creepy. riding on a horse and spending quality time with your comrade in arms. in TYOOL 2023??????