Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

Honestly I think the biggest issue is how this game handles her dad. I really can't tell what they were trying to say by how he was handled. I thought he was going to be assassinated on "accident", but no he lives through the entire game. They even have Bernie say like she kind of understands him on the last map? Like were they trying to rehabilitate the guy? He's still incredibly reprehensible, so it walks this weird line where I'm not sure what they are trying to do with his character.
her saying she kind of understands him is just a joke about him being terrified of everything now the way he made his daughter be, its not any kind of rehabilitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pictured: not remotely romantic

quote:

Edelgard and Manuela

As the new Adrestian emperor, Edelgard gave all she had to breathe new life into the government of Fódlan. Her first objective was to institute new class reforms and ensure the people's independence. For that reason, she sought the counsel of Manuela, whose vast array of contacts, talents, and experience proved invaluable. She became essential to Edelgard, and her skill as a physician kept the emperor in good health for many years. Both remained unmarried, and it is said that the two became extremely close over the years.

'both remained unmarried and became extremely close'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unlike western games, like walking dead or mass effect 3

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game is very much intended as a fandisk for three houses, its absolutely written assuming you already have knowledge of it. despite it technically not taking place after the first game i would 100% call it a sequel, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The JP dialog is more like that gay marriage is more common/normal/usual in Dagda than Fodlan. I mean, there are no examples, but given all the gayness in the games I thunk the Crests are to blame.
im pretty sure the dialog specifies that the church doesnt do gay marriages but id need to check the jp script

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Has this been confirmed or is everyone assuming "no DLC" because a new mainline game dropped first?

the game's been out for seven months with not so much as a peep about dlc, that isnt really how nintendo or koei has ever handled dlc for games that actually got it