Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Game is officially a failure is we are not given the chance to make Shez and Byleth kiss, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Flytrap posted:

Huh. Genuinely surprised that there doesn't appear to be an extra route for clearing all 45 chapters. That just seems standard for this kind of game.
This is Koei Tecmo and a Warriors Game so I wonder how much stuff is going end up as DLC down the line

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Party Miser posted:

so is there going to be a ng+ or do you suppose time travel shenanigans for doing the other stories?

Datamines found a NG+ although I didn't check the specifics for how it will work.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I hope the game has costumes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Shez has ???? as their birth date, has no idea who their birth parents are, and their hometown is in the mountains of the Leicester Alliance (aka close to Shambhala)

If Shez isn't an Agarthan supersoldier project that will be a massive red herring at this point.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Either that or 6 months later Shez gets even more lost on the way to Remire and is napping under a bush when the 3 Lords run by.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The final feather in the 'Uh. Sure. I guess.' cap is of course you can still S-Rank Sothis anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kanos posted:

This is how linear RPGs have functioned without self-insert characters since time immemorial, and how FE functioned before, what, New Mystery? It's not really that weird.

Hell, even in Awakening, your self-insert Robin was supposed to be a genius tactician who was planning your entire strategy but you pretty much followed linear rails determined by the plot.

I'll have you know placing Morgan in range of as many enemy units as possible and hitting End Turn is a masterful grasp of tactics, thank you very much

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Very sad at no Gatekeeper campaign

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Just chilling.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Get in the magic throne, Byleth

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'd just like to say that even if the Nabateans were relatively benign rulers, if a dude showed up with superpowers and wielding a sword clearly made out of a spine and yelled about how drinking Nabateans blood would totes give you superpowers too, it would not be at all difficult to get people to buy in.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Romance of Three Kingdoms is China, not Japan, fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They're sending the older and more experienced dudes because Shez can't read a map to save their life.