Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Hellioning posted:

I'm sure they'll matter more later on but I did appreciate how they got the slitherins out of the way as soon as they could to focus on what really matters, Edelgard and Rhea attempting to ignore how similar they are to each other.

I'm sure they'll pop up regularly in the war sequence since Thales, Kronya and Solon all survive this time, they just warp away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

The demo has done the impossible and made me miss White Clouds.

I feel it’s particularly egregious for the Deer and kind of annoying for the Eagles that everyone just comes together post-skip. The Deer in particular have this problem, and I think the game is very much counting on me smoothing this over with my 3 Houses character perceptions.

It would be a pretty terrible Warriors game if we had to do all the white clouds poo poo before the game properly started.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Lysithea was the one unit who could be recruited after chapter 13 in Three Houses, solely to give players one last chance at getting her to her correct faction.

If there are any recruitment mechanics in the game at all (I can’t imagine there won’t be), this will have to be an option.

Post campaign lets you do whatever you like in other Warriors games, so you could have Edelgard, Claude, Dimitri and Hubert all on the same team if you wanted, that's how Age of Calamity let you save Hyrule playing as Calamity Ganon after all.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

Also the conceit of this game and the playable characters are kind of a hilarious juxtaposition. Cutting through literal hundreds of mooks makes sense as Shez or Byleth or Catherine or Dimitri, but it kind of falls apart when you think a little bit about how or why Manuela is a whirlwind of death with her fists if you class her that way

The Zelda fanbase went through this when Agatha and Tingle threw down over in Hyrule Warriors, just don't think about it and you'll be fine.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

John Shez.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

I think the supports in this game really miss that five year time skip. There’s much less character growth happening and a lot of the rough edges to the characters that you got to see in the Academy portion of Three Houses are already gone by the time this game starts properly. Everyone is already their better selves, and there’s remarkably little conflict.

Well yeah, its a Musou title and the game expects you to know everything about the characters going in, there's not really any room for character growth when everyone playing the game has already seen it happen before.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I remember when Bernie's father was the most hated man in the fandom but I think Duke Aegir has stolen that title, I want to rip his head off bare-handed, holy poo poo do I hate him now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Three Houses didn't actually show most of its nobility, Three Hopes actually giving a face to people like Lord Holst, Count Varley and Count Bergliez makes them feel like actual characters now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

SB Finale thoughts:

That final battle against Thales/Rhea/Immaculate One was incredibly fun, I really thought it was over when the dragon went down but nope, Thales runs back in for round two alongside a weakened Rhea, I'll say one thing for the Slitherers, they don't know when the gently caress to give it up.

Both of them killing each other in the cutscene after was very fitting as well I thought.

All in all SB was a great campaign.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:lol: Holst canonically doesn't care if you make a pass at Hilda.

I imagine most of what Hilda says about Holst was just to get people to stop asking her to do things.

"My brother will come and knock your home down if he finds out I had to carry some heavy books!"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The funniest part about NG+ is starting Golden Wildfire with a Lv 57 Asura Shez and Lv 49 Gremory Lysithia while everyone else was Lv 1.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

[*]I recruited most of the persuadable characters because I felt bad for not doing so, but most of them had no part in the plot afterwards and just hung around the camp feeling awkward, being loving miserable, and making the menu screens harder to navigate.

I actually appreciated this, unlike Three Houses where you were just asking people to swap classes, you are instead holding them hostage either through emotional blackmail or promising not to kill their loved ones.

So while you can have your favourite characters as usual, don't expect them to like it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

There's nothing worse than the rush to find 200 KO's when there's a minute left on the clock and you have sent everyone to attack the mission target to end the map.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I enjoyed Edelgard, Lysithia and Hapi's paralogue being based entirely around the fact that all of them were experimented on by the Slitherers and bonding over it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I wish the Slitherers were playable so I could kill Jeralt as Kronya.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Amppelix posted:

villains are easy DLC fodder

Just give us a Slitherer campaign, I want to see the wacky adventures of Thales, Solon, Kronya and Cleobulus.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Alacron posted:

We've got enough mages already, thanks.

That's why you reclass Solon into a War Master.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tae posted:

F!Blyeth's stockings are still so bad 3 years later

I'm curious where F!Byleth got her fashion sense from since Jeralt doesn't dress in anything crazy.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

I was really hoping the cycle of the world would be Byleth doing literal time travel, but it looks like this isn't the case.

Yeah that fan theory went out the window almost instantly, Byleth wasn't trying to create a golden ending, they were just hanging out with Jeralt in the wilderness.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

SB is definatly the dominant campaign with GW and AG trailing behind it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

So I decided to play Hercules Warriors again and I remember what caused me to not enjoy the game as much. Having to find the stupid heart containers and Golden Skulltulas.

On the plus side, Zeus and Hades are pretty overpowered and Megaera has a hell of a super.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Epi Lepi posted:

Dorothea is so sad in AG and they gave her only one small AG specific support so it’s like what is the point here, why have you done this?

To let you know that you are effectively taking them hostage/prisoner rather than switching classes like in Three Houses.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I mean I'd also throw Monica under the bus if I had a cabal of evil wizards watching my every step, and the same wizards are controlling the empire secretly.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I still find it funny that the Ashen Wolves have no story significance, even on SB where Hapi has something in common with Edelgard she only exists for a single paralogue with her later on, so I imagine she has even less to work with on AG and GW.

That goes for the rest of them as well.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

So just to try to make sense of some of the end-game nonsense I got a real Arceus/Giratina dynamic between the Dragon Gods and whatever the heck race Arval are Epimenedes are, with whatever the void is called being Akin to the Distortion world. They didn't explain that whole place very well

It's the place Byleth got sent to when they walked into Solon's trap in Three Houses, its literally the shadow realm.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

I still find it funny that, as far as we are aware, "Shez is just some guy/gal" is canon.

Some guy/gal who was a trash mob in Remire Village probably in Three Houses.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

What the hell else are you going to fight as side mission fodder in a musou game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cythereal posted:

* I have found myself kind of wishing that there was a 'take enemy officer alive but don't force them into your army' option. I've been poaching everyone, and using those strategies had the Lions take Dorothea and Bernie alive simply because they remember Dorothea and Bernie being kind, gentle people at the Academy. Shez sounded as confused as Bernie was that this apparently meant putting Bernie in uniform to fight for the Kingdom.

This isn't happy fun times at school anymore, its "Get the gently caress out there and fight, I don't care if you are now fighting everyone you knew and loved"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

To be fair, I kinda understand where they're coming from. It took a while for Hapi to grow on me. She mostly just sits around and mopes; it's only once you see her interacting with others in her supports that you kinda get a better feel for her (but she's still not, like, great in my opinion.) Her discussing erotic novels with Ashe in 3 houses is very funny though

I wonder why the girl who summons monsters every time she sighs would be in a low mood.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cythereal posted:

And when Hopes can't even be bothered to notice Hapi's in the story beyond a whopping two support conversations with Shez, well, that's that.

I'm gonna let you down now and tell you none of the Ashen Wolves are part of the plot and that is simply because they were DLC additions from Three Houses who already didn't slot into the main game story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cythereal posted:

I never used Cyril because he's too drat young. Lysithea and Petra as 15 year olds at the game start are borderline as it is, but Cyril looks and sounds too much like a kid for me to be comfortable sending him into combat.

Someone never sent Agitha to her death against Ganon in Hyrule Warriors and it shows.