Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

So I definitely haven't tried everything yet in the demo but I did just upgrade the Brigid gal to Thief and holy heck that is a fun moveset for her.

I have heard there's been some datamining and it's been determined that (length-wise) each route will have about 15 chapters, with some number of extra missions not associated with any chapter that may or may not be extra content or may just be leftover data? The first few chapters seem kinda short on actual gameplay vs story but it looks like there's more missions available in chapters once you get past the timeskip?

Also I like the special move/weapon durability system, since it auto-recovers after each mission and can be recovered mid-mission through drops. Helps mix things up nicely.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Holy poo poo Mage Hubert is unfair in a large crowd of targets, just use an ability spell with a big AoE and/or a heavy attack string, press ZR, and suddenly the entire area is a plume of black smoke and corpses. There's a mission in Chapter 4 where like 6 Captains show up around a target that needs protecting at one point, and I just nuked the entire enemy squad in a few moments.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 11, 2022

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

How do the elements and elemental effects work in this game, anyway? Is it all just "creates an AoE when they land after being knocked airborne?"