Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Jeritza does have supports with Edelgard and Hubert, which he really needed in the main game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Sounds like I’ll be playing AG solely for Seteth and Flayn content, since you don’t appear to get them anywhere else

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This game whitewashes Lorenz's dad so much lol idk how I feel about it.

Yeah, Lorenz's dad's murder of Claude's uncle and Raphael's parents actually being a big accident according to this game is more than a bit silly

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

doesnt the paralogue go out of its way to be like "wait, why the gently caress would he have ordered them to attack merchants in the first place, that's completely stupid. Both from a moral and economic standpoint. Are you sure it was him?" We never see Lorenz actually confront his dad about whether the messenger was legit and it was a case of miscommunication or if they were an impostor hired by someone like Acheron to gently caress with things (because Raphael tells him to knock it off and leave it alone), but it's certainly implied that his dad didn't actually give that order.

I think the implication in Three Houses is that Count Gloucester is trying to intimidate merchants to stay out of Riegan and do more business in Gloucester to strengthen his position in the Alliance, and that he used it as cover to assassinate Claude's uncle. It has been a while for me though, and Three Houses doesn't really follow up on it either

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

When bad RNG makes me have a bad growth whatever I can deal

When bad RNG makes me meet Hubert in the clock tower after the ball I simply cannot

Meeting Hubert in the tower is winning the lottery

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Dark Knight Hubert is up there too. Using Dark Lance juiced up with a mage staff and buffs from Dark Mage/Bishop will cover every enemy on screen with his maxed out spikes. Once he gets the actual Dark Spikes spell, instantly executing any cavalry unit he comes across is also very doable

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I actually like male Byleth's academic regalia crossed with armor design, but it definitely looks more like something the Church would give him over what he would be wearing as a normal mercenary.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Sydin posted:

Regarding AG whoever said one of the biggest problems outside the yikes Edelgard stuff is that the Lions are just boring now is pretty bang on. The writing magically solves all of their hangups and character flaws off screen during the time skip, but rarely if ever replaces them with anything new or interesting. Dimitri calmly and rationally works his way through the web of mystery to obtain his revenge and never even shows a hint of crazy, even when he does have some reason to suspect Edelgard is involved. Felix is now a Duke and his chiding of Dimitri is less petulant and more trying to advise him, and hell if you get him to an A support with his dad they even sit down to a heart to heart where Rodrigue apologizes for the big instigating incident of their rift and Felix goes "oh okay cool." Sylvain is no longer a skirt chaser primarly because he's no longer anything, even the knowledge that his brother has been press ganged into helping as a general barely phases him. Ingrid gets to play knight with no obligations to her homeland and is also now not racist. Annette just gets her dad back. It reads like a lazy fix fic in a lot of cases.

This is absolutely the vibe I've getting as I've been going through AG, and it's a big difference especially from the Black Eagles who have characters like Petra and Hubert that really lean on the conflicts they have with each other. On the Blue Lions' side, even Ashe in his supports and dialogue seems way more upset with Lonato betraying Faerghus and His King than his beloved stepfather being killed by him and his friends

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Then why does he have no supports with Leonie?

:cmon: IS

He does in Hopes

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Balthus is great, fits right in with the major Deer too. Having a grappler to replace Raphael was nice for me, since training and food really don’t do it for me as character traits

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

A bottom of the barrel pack doesn’t seem like the best dlc choice, yeah (not that I would personally consider Hanneman and Alois to be bottom barrel)

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Unfortunately no, Judith is doomed to permanently be unplayable (along with Nader)

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This game is pretty complete as it is, I don’t think it really needed DLC.

Age of Calamity got DLC but it was mostly silly stuff like the motorcycle weapon or being able to play as a Guardian. It’s also a very different kind of game, with characters having multiple unique weapons instead of the class system and all that stuff.

Edit: Cyril sucks and I’m glad he was left out.

I'd pay 60 more dollars for Three Hopes dlc that just added that motorcycle, it was a really fun toy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Mortal Savant Lysithea with Thunderbrand in particular is a monster, very fun to play