Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Is there any particular reason you'd want to reset support levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So when doing NG+, is it clear which characters are native to a given route rather than only being available to play due to NG+? Like if I go from AG to GW will I still get the tactics to recruit characters from the other factions that I already have, that kind of thing.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
This conversation has made me curious is there anyone else you can avoid killing by defeating someone else or using specific battle strategies first like that? I've mostly just seen the recruit strategies stopping people from dying and assumed it was all like that

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I apparently turned in my last Rapier for smithing stones because I didn't realize they were effective against both armored and mounted units and this both stacks and is necessary to get the maximum effectiveness achievement. Anyone know what chapters they drop in?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Eimi posted:

Wait so to get that loving achievement you have to use a sword unit with axebreaker and a rapier and kill a Great Knight who is the final boss of a map? :psyduck:

Apparently! It's what I found when I looked up the outright victory achievement when I realized I still didn't have it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Guess the info I got was wrong, just needing an effective weapon and stacked other bonuses is much easier.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Yeah, just tested it. Got it with Felix with an Wingthresher against some wyvern lords. Relatedly, having maximum effectiveness against an enemy is absurd as the weapon was entirely unupgraded and the enemy just died in like 5 seconds.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'm curious if you can swap what gender Shez and Byleth are in NG+ to get the gender locked class abilities if you want to really minmax, or if you can't access say Falcon Knight class abilities with male Byleth anyway.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Blaziken386 posted:

slightly annoyed there seems to be no way to recharge training points in the post game, aside from going into NG+

even with knowledge gems, grinding classes takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's not -too- bad if you basically solo a map as one character with a knowledge gem. There's this one mission in Azure Gleam that has a restriction of only female characters and I mastered Falcon Knight in just four short runs of it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I'm curious, in the penultimate chapter of AG does everyone fight Byleth when the final two phantoms are summoned, or is that determined by support points? I'm curious because the mission message just uses 'an ally' rather than their name

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Maddening Difficulty is quite the jump huh. It doesn't really seem to give you any extra exp, gold, or class mastery, despite fighting level 100+ enemies on the very first mission that it applies to though

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Isn't there a symbol on teachable combat arts and spells so you can tell at a glance? I'm pretty sure Shez can teach Dark Spikes for example, since it has that little ... symbol over it that their other spells don't have. The hardest part would be double checking that the character you're trying to teach something to doesn't learn it naturally so you don't waste your time.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
How do you tell if you've successfully taught the combat art mid mission anyway? I haven't actually managed to do so yet so I'm wondering if it's obvious or if you'll only find out once the mission is over.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Eimi posted:

The only thing I've seen is a tiny and fast text pop up of 'teaching successful' above your character after you use the art. It's really easy to miss.

Yeah I apparently succeeded in teaching Aura to Shez in this last stage but I didn't notice anything at all during the stage itself. At least there's a screen in the mission results that shows it clearly.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
One thing to note about Dancer is that it does -not- counter axe classes, unlike all the other sword based ones, it instead counters tomes. It has a really fun moveset though, I like it.

Speaking of spells that can be taught, an NG+ bonus character Sothis to be specific can teach Fimbulvetr, Ragnarok, Bolting, and Agnea's Arrow. For some reason although they know it and it's from their preferred line, they can't teach Excalibur though.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 8, 2022

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So does anyone know who can teach Excalibur, or can it just not be taught at all? I've taught Shez almost every top tier spell now because I can but I'm missing that one.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I'm curious about something in late AG: Does Linhardt have anything to say about you killing Caspar? I actually avoided doing so by ignoring him entirely and just taking the escape point instead. He doesn't show up in the missions afterwards and the game didn't really say anything about it, but no one talked about him dying either.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'd definitely say Dorothea is a lesbian who might get married to a man due to social pressures rather than any actual desire to.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I never did a run through of Three Houses after I finished the DLC so Three Hopes is my first real insight into the Ashen Wolves characters but they're all great with Hapi being the absolute stand out.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Mortal Savant Lysithea being good is great news to me, because on my first Three Houses run that's exactly how I trained her so I wanted to do it again.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Oh well this is interesting. There's a paralogue in NG+ for one of the characters that you buy with bonus renown. Don't know if it's restricted to the bad route or not though. I got it rerunning AG and doing the opposite path to fight Byleth since I did it correctly the first time. It's an Arval paralogue specifically. It seems to going into more detail on Epimenides and Nemesis.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Hunt11 posted:

So does anything change for AG on the bad route besides Rodrigue being killed?

To answer your question No, not really. Rodrigue dies and you fight and kill Byleth in the mission where you kill Duke Aegir but other than showing up after literally every other enemy is gone it's identical. The final mission is also identical, no changes whatsoever. I guess you also kill Myson in the mission beforehand as there's no paralogue with Jeralt and he doesn't show up again but eh.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Amppelix posted:

in addition to what's mentioned above, the exact chances have been datamined and they're as follows:
A support: 8%
B support: 3%
C support: 0.4%

this is chance per use of the move in battle to teach it. so if your pair can't go above c support, good loving luck!

Is there some hidden bonus/penalty based on what you're trying to teach? It took me like 50 casts to teach Shez Aura with A rank but it was literally the first cast to teach them Hades.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So here's a plot question I don't really get, for near the very end of the game on all routes Why did Epiminedes bring the three leaders into zahras again? He kind of makes it sound like it was an accident but kinda explicitly targets them well away from where he was in the previous cutscene? Was he just trying to target Byleth and completely missed? Did he only really intend to bring Shez in to fully steal their body? It's a bit confusing.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Three Hopes introduces an entire map mechanic in the very last stage of Scarlet Blaze that gets used nowhere else, there's definitely room for more complicated maps and missions they just didn't make them.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
You get more than enough renown to buy out all the stat boosting items and the items added in NG+ after each route, so just spend it freely.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I guess they're just some random person if you entirely ignore every hint the game drops I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Do you get anything for doing the “bad” path on the other routes? Is it the same paralogue?

It's the same paralogue and unlike SB the story basically doesn't change at all.