Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I haven't played a Musou game since the PS2 so I did not expect to enjoy this as much as I am enjoying it. I wasn't so sure about it until they let you go to the practice field and actually play around with your people--I feel like they throw a lot of mechanics at you in the first two battles. I feel like my only complaint is that I want to be able to switch characters while I'm looking at the map, I always feel like I'm slowing things down when I send people off in every direction and then I cycle through them to try to find who I'm looking to play.

And you get to hear Dorothea sing more in her C support, so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Cattail Prophet posted:

You can, actually! It's under the zr menu when you're hovered over them.

Well now I have no complaints at all!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Hilda is the best and I really want to see (leaked info) her supports with her brother. I really liked that when you get deep into VW it turns out that she's actually incredibly competent and it will be interesting to see if Holst lets her get there if he's around.

HIL-DA! HIL-DA!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Weapon durability is just "how many times do I get to use combat arts per map," right? It resets?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
The game is kind of unclear as to what levels can be repeated and if there's any reason I would not want to do that. Can I repeat any territory mission or whatever they're called (the ones that are run-ups to the main chapter mission) with no penalty? Can I repeat the main chapter missions with no penalty, other than that if someone dies they die? Can I just grind forever if I want to?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Epi Lepi posted:

Very important question, does Hilda still chant her own name in battle at any point because that was excellent in Three Houses. I love the wink she does after her warrior special, but still a good "Hilda! Hilda! Hilda!" chant would be nice.

I haven't heard it yet and it is 100% the worst thing about the game, absolutely. I'm holding out hope that it will happen eventually, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

midnight lasagna posted:

How well does 3 Hopes run in handheld mode compared to docked? I'm wondering if it's worth delaying buying this until I can consitently have access to a TV I can play it on or not. I'd rather not play it handheld if it's demonstrably worse but I'm also not going to explode like the bus from Speed if the FPS dips below 30, so as long as the game's not turning into a slideshow every other minute it's probably fine for me.

I only ever play in handheld mode and weirdly the only time I get any stuttering is running around camp. Battles have been totally smooth.