Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Blaziken386 posted:

claude's schemes are great in this and i love how they gently caress with you, the player, a little bit

"mission objective: Save Randolph."
"okay, let me just run over there and... hm. can't get through here, can't get through there... gently caress, am I going to get a game over because i can't read a map?? what the hell am I supposed to do??"
[Randalph is nearly routed]
"fucccckk, god dammit, dont make me start this level again"
claude: "wellp, he died. oh well. Hey, we're doing fine though. :v:"
me: "...oooooohhhh." :getin:

This rules, they even play the mission failed noise to fake you out.

Blaziken386 posted:

the chapter 10 mission is currently pissing me off because the AI is loving braindead

I want to recruit byleth but that involves, obviously, not killing her. Which means Claude needs to get his happy rear end to the loving retreat point before she notices him. Which means he needs to stop getting distracted by the loving wall, and go through the goddamn open gate you idiot :argh:

game, stop putting important characters on the green team, its like feeding them lead-based paint

Are you watching Claude directly? I just assigned a character I wasn't playing as to guard him while I focused on a different part of the map, only switching back when I needed to clear his path. That might help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Side Missions refers to the optional objectives within a mission, in that case it'd be the mission for the territory that stronghold is in

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Just watched Shez & Ferdinand’s C support conversation and Ferdinand said, “As I have told you on multiple occasions, I am Ferdinand von Aegir.” And now I can’t stop laughing.

On a serious note, should I be using the adjunct system? Seems like a waste to take characters off of the battle field. I suppose it could be helpful in the big story missions where you have 8 characters? I will need to go back and re-read those tutorials, because I never really figured out how to use it correctly.

Making them adjutants is basically the only use for those extra characters on story missions.

And like others have said, most side missions only have enemies with three weapon types so one of your guys basically has no use besides being an adjutant. Additionally, most of these missions will have 2/3 of the enemy types in a row so you can usually get away with making the other two pair up and just switching between them as needed