Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

If I had one complaint so far, it's that the game does that thing where the dialogue options it gives you don't tell you the actual words Shez is going to say, leading to the potential for a mismatch in tone and implications from what you were expecting. I haven't gotten burned too badly by it yet, but it's still annoying.

Also that I jumped straight into this after having just picked Age of Calamity back up a few weeks ago, and the lack of tactical urgency in that has made me extremely complacent wrt making use of all my options and prioritizing objectives efficiently. That's 100% a me problem, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

OzFactor posted:

I feel like my only complaint is that I want to be able to switch characters while I'm looking at the map, I always feel like I'm slowing things down when I send people off in every direction and then I cycle through them to try to find who I'm looking to play.

You can, actually! It's under the zr menu when you're hovered over them.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Sydin posted:

Wow he only got diagnosed a month and a half ago, what the gently caress.

Only 35 too, jesus. :smith:

Technically he only went public with the diagnosis a month and a half ago. It's possible he'd been living with it for a while already, maybe even likely if the reason for going public was because he knew there wasn't much time left.

gently caress cancer.

E: Hits different now :(:

https://katribou.tumblr.com/post/187342188323/my-pal-and-fesh-pince-scholar-funkadacious-had

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 11, 2022

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Re: The lack of certain support conversations, I imagine for a lot of pairings they felt that there wasn't any new ground to cover, and didn't want whatever they wrote to just end up being a retread of their 3 Houses support. Not everyone is going to agree with that decision, of course, but I can at least understand it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

correct me if i'm wrong, but does ike ever actually touch the fire emblem? I could've sworn that only mist (and the herons) ever does, because one time he tried to touch it as a kid and his dad (understandably) flipped his poo poo.
And i always saw "mist can touch it without going insane" as "mist is noble and pure and doesn't have violent urges that she would act on anyways so its fine" which is very funny considering you can very easily make her into an absolute monster of a unit

It's Heroes Canon that there's a universe with Berserk!Ike, for whatever that's worth. Maybe Cipher too, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I'm not sure why Seteth and Flayn would bother to specifically lie about their familial relationship if crest bearers having extended lifespans is a common thing that everybody knows. I feel like father and daughter would actually be the more reasonable assumption for an outside observer to make in that situation.

Seems like this contradicts the way that Alois reacts to Jeralt's claims about his age, too.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Shez is fifth wheeling the hell out of that double date.

There's a lot to unpack here, drat. I especially like the one author singlehandedly propping up Lysithea/Claude, the nine whole Alois fics, and the fact that there are people that apparently feel the need to write self insert fics when there's literally already a self insert character.

Side note: are there really that many more trans HCs and/or genderswap AUs for the guys than the girls, or are those numbers just a side effect of how the aggregator counted fics with multiple ships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Do good guy (or at least protagonist aligned) bandits count? Because Dagdar has a whole rear end organization under him.