Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s so hosed up that you guys would deny the Holodomor just because it’s Nazi propaganda intended to equate a famine to intentional industrial genocide made possible by corporations many of whom exist today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

and yeah, I said WHOM. Corporations are people. pack it up Sovietailures

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I’m hanging out with Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and three unicorns, and we’re having a moment of silence in memory of the Holodomor

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I'm gonna be totally honest, I would concede on pretty much everything related to ukraine, the holodomor, the uighurs, etc, if we applied these war crime and genocide criteria evenly and implicit or explicit support for america or israel or failure to condemn them at every opportunity likewise resulted in an immediate ban+30

strong agree

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Xaris posted:

I just read Wikipedia and I’m thinkin of becoming a ‘getting really into holodomor guy’. I I just can’t abide how many people don’t know that it DEFINITELY happened.

any suggestions for becoming a holodomor guy

simply heil Hitler and you’re 90% of the way there

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

i told you so posted:

of course it happened. it was a deliberate act on the part of the ussr as part of a broader imperialist program of ethnic cleansing aimed at ukraine

*sound of a needle falling off a record*

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

that’s right — the Holocaust wasn’t even that bad. Due to the Holodomor, which famously happened, and was done by the dastardly Judeo-Bolsheviks to the innocent German collaborators

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Me, the chill Ashkenazi guy: The Holocaust was very very bad

Epic Ukraine fan: Maybe, but

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

In fact, when sorted by highest estimate, the Holodomor is even worse than I thought

1. The Holocaust
2. Holodomor, man-made famine,[69]:  70–78, 134–35   concurrent with extermination of national elite, liquidation of the Ukrainian church, and forcible population transfers.[70]
3. German atrocities committed against Soviet prisoners of war,[64][65] part of the Generalplan Ost and Hunger Plan
4. Nazi crimes against the Polish nation,[71][72] part of the Generalplan Ost
5. Cambodian genocide
6. Bangladesh genocide
7. Circassian genocide[N 16]
8. Armenian genocide
9. Greek genocide including the Pontic genocide[N 14]
10. Rawandan genocide

Wow! in many ways, the Soviets truly are worse than the Nazis. Slava Ukraini and Heil Hitler!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lpzie posted:

i don't get this thread....

the Holodomor was a famous intentional genocide done on purpose, and not in any way a rhetorical trick by Nazi collaborators to use a famine to try and make the USSR look as bad—or worse!—than Nazi Germany.

We all believe this, which is why we post here. Slava Ukraini.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

insane in the Ukraine
insane in the brain
insane in the Ukraine
crazy insane, got no grain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

Never Forget. Never Again.