Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

You can tell the Holodomor was bad because it sounds like the Holocaust. Think about it.

Plus the death toll is 6 million +1 (10 million according to that one bullshit "remembrance" plaque in Ukraine blaming "Jew Commisars" but not translating that bit into English haha)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

My favorite thing is dudes who couldn't point to Xinjiang on a map talking about Uighurs.

Or have no idea that there are other muslim Chinese, or that the "knife attacks" we all heard about years ago as fodder for American gun control debates were "East Turkestan" terrorists, or that the fact that the sun has set today doesn't mean it won't come back tomorrow

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

some twitter guy posted:

By the way, to call their book “the most detailed research” is to reproduce the superiority of Western academics to (semi-)peripheral scholars. I think the left should undermine these academic hierarchies.

^^^lmao I love this, "the left" should support indigenous nazi collaborators speaking their lived experiences

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Xaris posted:

ah you must be confused. this is the holodomor DEFINITELY happened thread and not the holocaust definitely happened thread

the holocaust doesn't have its own thread but was almost as bad, I think it's fair

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
ooh that led me to a nice quote by one Thomas Mann: "To place Russian communism on the same moral level with Nazi fascism, because both are totalitarian, is, at best, superficial, in the worse case it is fascism. He who insists on this equality may be a democrat; in truth and in his heart, he is already a fascist, and will surely fight fascism with insincerity and appearance, but with complete hatred only communism."

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
what about a homodomor and its just for the fellas

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
our anti-communist education in HS was our teacher acting out khmer rouge executions of all the kids with glasses in class, including me. wish he would have told us how carter/reagan and thatcher actually loved pol pot

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

in america HS all i was taught about the cold war is that it inspired us to get to the moon first

see that's some heartwarming stuff

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

"The Holodomor? Beyond belief? You'd like to think so, but this gruesome episode is 100% ... true. A horrible famine, exacerbated by Soviet policy and then weaponized by Nazi apologists ... proof that those who don't learn from history are doomed ... to be it."

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
lol that guys dumb

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
what a bitchy note lol, the point is that there's no genocide to "deny"

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
wastin' away again in holodomoville

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone else use post-it notes to remind themselves about the holodomor?
I know what you're probably thinking - that I'm a piece of poo poo for needing to be reminded. But I have a bad memory, and I think accessibility is important if we want to spread awareness of the holodomor

check the carbon monoxide detectors in your house if you keep forgetting about the holodomor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Xaris posted:

you miss 100% of the stalks you don't take - grain getzky

grain gretzky, the only man i'd have sex with - joseph "rr" stalin