Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

moon demon posted:

Even space stations have buckets OP. How else you gonna mop space mud, bud

Not buckets, this is the future!

The future is crates!. As we all know, the earlier you see them, the better the game.

Come to think of it, I don't think Skyrim really has them. Not ones you can loot or throw around at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I'm wondering if you'll be able to mod System Shock 2 into being in the game itself.

Maybe without the hacking sub game.

Maybe call the derelict space craft you encounter around level 12 the UNN Von Braun

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
How long will it take for a mod to be added to auto load the start of Skyrim and then close once you finish the main quest.

The a NPC in Starfield asks if you’re awake.

And do the same for Fallout.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I want someone to mod in System Shock 2 into Starfield. The player has no one to talk to, so is silent until the very last scene, where SHODAN asks you to join them. For you can rule. Rule together.

The players options:

Nah
Yes (nah)
Nah but sarcastic
Nah but later

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

fixed width fonts are worth burning keming at the altar

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > STARFIELD - fixed width fonts are worth burning keming at the altar

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > STARFIELD - you cannot gently caress a vampire as a bear

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > STARFIELD - you have a month to finish BG3

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > STARFIELD - No Bears, No Vampires, No Full Frontal Nudity

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So what's the consensus? Worse than Fallout 4 even?

I've played to New Atlantis...which the game really rushes you too. The Outer Wild Space was much better at it in giving then player a ship and something or someone to care about.

I could not save all the way to the first fight.....when it didn't tell me how to get more ammo and then it autosaved me in front of a pirate at 10% health and no ammo. Whelp.

2nd time saving worked and I figured out the the interface. Which I dislike.

Fallout 4 started with a dramatic story. So did every other one back to Daggerfall. This one's intro...is bad and boring. The tutorial is worse and I can't believe this is the best they can come up with? Not impressed so far. And none of the NPC's I've meet are interesting or sound interested in their voice acting either.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So I'm just doing the main quest. I have not yet seen an interesting side quest that I care about. None of the character's I've met except for Mining Supervisor lady from the start has any interesting traits. I want her to be a companion.

I've got 2 parts of whatever the thing is...and I do not care about it. Neither does anyone else it seems "Oh it had an energy spike! Oh. Nothing Happened".

How do I repair my ship? I almost got blown up after knocking out the engines of a ship...but no one mentioned you can shoot it's guns out FIRST. Pressing 0 does nothing.

Is there some medidoc or something I can go to heal affiliations? I picked up 4 of them on Ganymede exploring...an hole in the ground and a piping station. Not interesting in the least. I went to sleep but I'm still got something causing a cough.

How do you actually survey a planet to 100%? I got Ganymede to 95%, but couldn't do anything to a He outcrop.

The tutorial for this game is bad :(

I've had 2 hard crashes and lock ups so far. Ugh.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I tried.

I tried to get into the game.

I played just the straight main quest first. Got the 2nd piece, an empty city whose only quest I found was to find some guys notebook he'd left somewhere, and then the main quest that involved a trip to bland mars, one totally bland dungeon, and a tiny single dungeon of a spaceship boarding action.

The first 3 random places I went to on a planet was a disused mine of a hole in the ground, a empty pumping station and abandoned army base made up of empty rooms and 10 spaces, No story, and no interest.

Maybe I'll try later, but I fear I have to play for another 10 hours before I find something interesting?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

thebardyspoon posted:

The most positively received parts that I've seen are the faction storylines and some specific sidequests so I'd say google or solicit replies here for recommendations for decent sidequests and then do those, if those still don't hit the mark then yeah you don't like the game. I did a little bit more than you of the main quest and wasn't feeling it, I meant to get back in and do exactly what I'd said above but haven't gotten round to it, been quite busy.

Can you actually join all of them? My previous experiences from Morrowind, FNV and the civil war in Skyrim tells me not to do that, but at least gave SOME context on who I would want to join first. Is there any faction if you join blocks you from others?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
For a pre-release Hype to Disappointment ratio, what was a bigger ratio - Antham or Starfield? I never got or bought Antham because the trailers looked so boring (and the one I saw the most consistent of people boasting about the gear they looted) but got Disappointed by Starfield when the first few missions involved going to Planet A -> B -> C and it was all blandness grey and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I looked up how many there are and it’s 10 .

Well that’s just lazy and boring. Which sums up Starfield perfectly.