Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

I get why NG+ exists, but I think they didn't succede on what they were trying to do - Bethesda saw that people make new saves and play again, plus the popularity of quick start mods and *thought* that this would be the best way to intergrate that into the game itself.

Anyway, what would be a good price point for the game? I did have fun for the ~10 hours I played on gamepass before my irritation with playing with a controler that was starting to have drift issues won out.

As someone who has for the entire existence of the game been Conflicted about Skyrim, I still probably have half a dozen different playthroughs. Bethesda's mistake was thinking I ever finished the story on any of them.

I even got the DLCs at some kind of sale at some point in like 2016 and have seen about 5% of their combined story content lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
it feels bizarre to have a thread for a Bethesda game that's a bit over half a year old have a literal week between posts lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

They used to be much stronger and actually affect gameplay. There's an interview where Todd talks about how he didn't think they were fun, so they basically nerfed them into just being flavor that didn't actually impact gameplay. It's the same interview where he talks about how he thought needing to fuel your ship was too much friction and un-fun so they got rid of that too.

The problem is they did all this way late in the dev cycle, so you've got poo poo like perks and ship attributes that directly interface with that poo poo that just don't do anything now.

Problem: you made a bunch of unfun mechanics
Solution: come up with better mechanics
Reality: no mechanics

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

FeculentWizardTits posted:

This is what life is like when you don't skip a single leg day. Take a seat? No thanks, brought my own

I know it's a lot easier when your feet are locked in place like that. Not as impressive.