Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

steinrokkan posted:

The promise of 1000 planets sounds exactly as exciting as the 1000 "unique" office buildings in fallout 4, or the 1000 "unique" burial mounds in Skyrim or any other radiant quest filler junk, i.e. I'm getting sick just reading about it and it actively makes me want to play at the game less.

my favorite instance of this was when they said fallout 3 had like 600 endings because they counted every single combination of end slides you could get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I tend to prefer less granular systems with more significance to level ups in action oriented RPGs so the skill system seems fine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also the skill system in dx sucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The problem I think is that I hate systems where guns don't go where you aim them until you level them up

I've joked before that the difference between an FPS and a FPSRPG is that an FPSRPG is an FPS with lovely guns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jack B Nimble posted:

How do you feel about games like Daggerfall or Morrowind where your melee attacks can just miss or your spells can fail? Not saying you're a hypocrite, just asking if similar but not identical mechanics hit the same for you at an intuitive level.

out of all the cool things in Morrowind i don't think anyone would say it had great melee combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

smoobles posted:

I heard some people say Starfield sucks and it's bad?

I've heard that Todd Howard is at it again