Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I hope my Xbox series x can run this :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

I'll download the mod for seamless flight between planets in a solar system once it's good. But tbh stuff like Elite's supercruise is a glorified loading screen when travelling between two solar systems. I'm good with it as is

If the loading was like masked better I wouldn’t have a problem with it. It just presents weirdly. But if it was loading while I was sitting in the cockpit and the windshield had a spacetravel.png image I’d be set

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Piell posted:

It is insane how little money each individual vendor how, why do I have to go to half the stores on a planet every time I return from a POI, how did anyone possibly think this was a good idea

It’s the future, there should be an online store or something you can access from the ship. Make the sale prices fluctuate or just lower than npc sale prices or something.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What’s up with the reddit rear end list of names that the robot can call you but it doesn’t accept ‘Frank’

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Macichne Leainig posted:

Bethesda RP:
  • Yes
  • Yes but with sass
  • What is a question? How did I get here? Help

the whole thing fell apart when I chose Space Trucker and all the dialogue choices are written to sound like the biggest dweeb in all of history. Not clever, or well traveled or weary or funny. Just dork rear end poo poo. If you’re always going to sound like a regular guy why even give the illusion you could be anything else.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

AndrewP posted:

whenever I think about Starfield, I think about the "ship travel" in front of a huge planet that doesn't actually move and it just bums me out

I don’t get why they got so close to copying No
Mans sky but just not the one good thing that that game does. I know the reason is that the engine can’t handle ‘real’ ship flying but still.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I thought about that too. Figured I’d wait til they deliver some kind of cyberpunk/ff14 type turn-around. And if they never do then o well.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

This is an honest question and I’m not trying to just take a steaming dump, but is the game actually salvageable by dlc/update akin to cyberpunk? Like there’s no way they’re suddenly going to figure out how to make the planets fun right

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I doubt it. It just seems like with the way the current game is they aren't going to be able to turn things around, but who knows. It really depends how much BGS is interested in working on fixes or not.

I haven’t been keeping up so the only thing I’ve heard post-release is that they couldn’t make the game fun for a decade and there’s a title for the dlc but not what’s in it. Wonder if they just crunched the numbers and figured that it’s not worth spending more time on after that and instead moving to Elden Scrolls.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think after Redfall the policy, or whatever you’d call it, of leaving the devs alone is done.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think if you’re colourblind you should get less xp. Colourseers stay winning

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Simiain posted:

Count me in the 'intrigued-to-get-back-into-Starfield-but-busy-with-Fallout-4' crowd. Bethesda stays winning either way I suppose.

I feel like even though they’re updating the game and pitching missing stuff in it might just make sense to wait until the dlc comes out and see how it plays then.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm actually more surprised that they kept the studio around for another year after that debacle

Would there have been something in place that required them to remain open and have to deliver on some of their post-launch stuff? Treating the newly acquired studios with a gentle touch mightve appeared to be the right thing to do at that time but they should’ve just straight canned that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

interesting