Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in 2-3 years there will be enough additional modded content placed on the random planets that it will be a pretty cool experience. i'm so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the first mod should be garfield

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sure there will be no issues with quests to go place this analysis tool on [QL-41-702c]

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if it was me, if it were me, i'd probably make it and have it so that what it is, is that you start the game on a space ship. the space ship at the beginning of the game is about to crash, and you have to make it to one of the escape pods if you want to survive or else you're dead meat. and once you make it into an escape pod, the game kind of swooshes over to a UI element with a series of options to make. each of the escape pods has a predefined character in it, and those characters are all fleshed out and you can interact with them later in the game. but the main thing here in this section of the game is that you could pick to roleplay as one of these characters here starting at the beginning of the game. but the last escape pod is a 'define your own character' escape pod that doesn't show who went into it until after you've defined your own character. and once you choose a character or make your character at the escape pods, you fully take over that character that you selected, hopping into the escape pod and then the escape pods all eject from the space ship right before it blows up. one of the escape pods was malfunctioning though and the person who was in that randomly assigned escape pod dies right then and there on the space ship where you start the game. it could be your favorite character, and you just have to live with that, or it could be you, the player. And it was written by your best game writer that you fancy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope you can walk around in your ship and talk to people while on your way to a destination. this is my friend's #1 desire in a video game of all time. I don't much care about it, but i like my friend. i know you can't go anywhere in real-time but maybe you can sort of fake it by taking a couple minutes and then your ship stops appearing to move and you have to do a "sit down and buckle up for landing" prompt. i don't care about this at all, but hell if I'm not going to get down on my knees and pray for my good friend.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The quest design lead William Shen also wrote that quest with the love letter in skyrim; the deepest, most multi-faceted quest in the whole game. just kidding my bubby.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a large percentage of elder scrolls fans in their 50s and some in their 40s will not see another one after 6

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was really boring and unsatisfying to build and have bases in FO4 and it will be the same way in Starfield but i hope they have a few cool things you can do when you go back. like settle a dispute within the colony that has created factions or something like that. maybe some mods will have that sort of stuff. I like the games

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You need 14 slots

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

like to see about 17 slots in there. I don't know

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There will be a way to slow down time, paralyze enemies, and pick locks. calling it now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in my experience there was only ever one creation club mod that felt like it wasn't done as a small uninspired job based on what that modder was previously known for, which made sense based on how bethesda contacted certain people for it up front and that was basically what they got people to do. that one mod was called 'Arissa the Wandering Rogue' for Skyrim and it was an okay companion mod that existed before paid mods, but it was less than half completed and the VO sounded like someone reading lines for a radio commercial rather than acting. it got an update as a paid mod only and people were really upset with this. it resulted in the modder and voice actor for the companion quitting altogether. the modder came back and submitted an unnecessary apology but he didn't stick around much longer before disappearing again because why wouldn't something like that drain all your passion for creating that type of stuff. anyway bethesda really knows how to foster the modding community and knows a lot about it.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 26, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

HATE CRUISE FREIGHTERS

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if the crazy guy from ivarstead in skyrim was also in starfield and it was called narfield.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was bringing up michael mack but then i realized he only ever did elder scrolls games and he wasn't in skyrim. that doesn't seem right but it is. good bye cyrus

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 10, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it won't have or need an acronym until SFSE in 2028

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i imagine it will work okay except if you visit 500-1000 planets and feel severely burnt out on the same crap over and over. then people can and will argue about whether that should have been expected or never should have been in the game at all since everyone knew it wouldn't be fun.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

poo poo, the creator of 3dnpcs is on the design team?

that was interesting to find out. this game will probably be hurting for enough character content mods more than any bethesda game before it too. oh well

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's important to remember that full development of this game only started in august of 2020, because of the pandemic. a majority of the areas will not have anything in it except for some prefabs, including the two big cities in the game which are both on the same planet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't buy the expensive house in akila. it's two rooms and there isn't a skill magazine in there. peace

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andreja cut into a conversation i was having to say that i should follow the advice that the ranger was giving me. then my next dialogue option was telling him i would follow his advice. andreja cut in with a line scolding me for that and she disliked it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have found a couple of nice unique looking "civilian outposts" in terms of how they sit on the planet, like a spot that was built ontop of an oil pit with a bridge to it, but i think all of the exploration dungeons like "abandoned pharmaceuticals lab" are the exact same thing as every other one that shares its name

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do not listen to me

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 17, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seriously? I can't get this to do a different jump. sorry about that. I'll figure it out

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If that powerpack thing is true then that was my problem, or I'm just a drat stinker all around. sorry again about dumping misinfo in the thread and let's enjoy Bethesda's Starfield

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whenever i see another Abandoned Muybridge Pharmaceuticals Lab i'm going to open up the dev console and disable the planet. it's amazing that they put that tiny but extremely specific storyline in with the randomization and let it show up over and over

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

orcane posted:

disable? :eek:

the evilest option. then use MarkForDelete on top of that so its data disappears from your save!!!! hosed up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if bethesda doesn't handle the topic of sex the way they do now then it will be very embarrassing instead. either they're self-aware of that much or really lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would have done a lot if they had just made a shitload of interesting randomly placed content and made it so that you're no longer likely to see a repeated explorable point of interest after trekking around 2 or 3 planets. and maybe not made one of the few that exist about finding a letter written by a specific named dead individual in a specific named building that then shows up everywhere