Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not sure if anyone knows how this works...I bought the regular edition through Newegg because they were doing a $10 off on preorders. I see that there is a way to upgrade to the Premium version for an extra charge, which I had thought about purchasing so that I could get the early access, but when I look at what is included in that it seems like the upgrade doesn't come with the early access. Maybe I'm wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is there a trick to finding the last of the unique biomes on a planet? On Procyon 3 there are supposed to be three of them and I have not been able to find a landing area that has the third one so I can finish the planetary survey.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Riven posted:

When you’re picking a landing spot it tells you what biome will be where you land.
Sorry it’s not the biomes it’s the Planet Traits. I have only been able to find 2/3.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

If you don't have a badass computer I would say wait to get it on PC, it runs like poo poo

Really wasn't expecting 20-30fps on a 3060 lol, obviously there is something wrong with the game
What resolution?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’m running the game on a 3080 and it’s been pretty smooth for the most part

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is there a planet that has Titanium you can mine that isn’t an extreme condition planet?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

OGS-Remix posted:

I just finished the Rangers questline and shooting Hope in the face feels really good. As a side note, it would be interesting if they had different questline endings if you used EM weapons on people who should die but I guess that'd be way too much work even for primary quests.
You get a really good ship from that quest too

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Resdfru posted:

I just spent an hour fiddling with my ship in ship builder. Got it where I wanted and then

Accidentally canceled modification

:saddowns:
Woof

I was spending some time the other day making changes to the Kepler R, and I could not figure out for the life of me what parts were still not attached. Finally I found out that there is a way to see what parts are not attached by looking it up online, but the game never tells you this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

FFT posted:

If you double click the main body and drag it around, unattached parts won't be selected and will stay where they are.
Yeah I had to look that up but I figured it out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I am playing on PC

I’ve done most of the big quests for the different factions and i think at my peak I had like 1.4 million creds. This is also with generally taking the ‘ethical’ option over the ones that give you more money

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I ran into my parents on Akila City and they just wanted to dunk on that poo poo town

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

I punched out Theodore Roosevelt, and helped Genghis Khan become a space pirate.

I like how he talks about DNA. Considering 8% of asian males are descended from him. True pimp.
I think you mean FDR?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would really like them to change how each skill counts towards completion. Like for example, it should constantly be giving you credit for starship kills towards piloting even when you are not at a certain level yet. That way you don't have to stop what you are doing later on to go blow up more ships to get the final levels of that skill.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Bholder posted:

I guess it's going to be prime DLC content then...
I’m also wondering if (Crimson Fleet spoilers) there will be DLC where you have to deal with Naeva if you side with the UC at the end of the quest. I sided with them and wiped everyone out except for the leader who I convinced to stand down and get arrested.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It really doesn't take you that long to have an absolute shitload of money in this game, so dealing with contraband becomes less enticing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fanatic posted:

:agreed: So far at level 40 and I'm sitting on about 1.5m credits just from selling weapon/spacesuit loot and completing non-radial quests. Never had to bother with contraband, stealing ships, mission boards, exploring POI's, or using exploits/console commands to make money.

Already sunk as much money on my class C ship as I can, so I don't know what purpose of all this money they throw at you serves other than :homebrew:
It's kind of a problem because you can't just buy outpost parts. You have to have the materials. If the game would let you just buy them outright it would make having a lot of money more useful. As it is, most of your money is going to go to starship upgrades, and even then, those aren't that crazy expensive compared to how much cash you can build up quickly.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The colony ship is smaller than the Vigilance I think?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The ‘make Cora white’ mod doesn’t even surprise me anymore

There was apparently a mod that would take the Pride flags out of the first Spider-Man game until it got taken off of a mod site

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

webmeister posted:

I managed to do something similar in the Operation Starseed quest, where every time I went back to the crucible, there was a 50/50 chance the entire base would start blasting at me
Yeah that one is a real pain

You basically need to go somewhere else for a few days or hide in the ship until they stop going nuts

It’s also the kind of thing where you have to leave your companion on the ship so they don’t blast people

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Wrex Ruckus posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/17gutue/why_cora_suddenly_grow_taller/

I always thought Cora looked like a shrunken adult rather than a child.
I didn’t notice in the same way as I did in Cyberpunk 2077, where they didn’t at all hide the fact that the child models are just shrunken adult ones. They just look weird.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Macichne Leainig posted:

I think the idea is that there is still a Precursor race that built the temples, the Armillary, the Unity, etc. Definitely not a lot of details in the game right now, betting on them expanding on it in some form of DLC
It's a little ridiculous that they don't go into that at all

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

marktheando posted:

(main quest ending talk) In the unity you can ask yourself who created the artefacts and you respond by saying it was the creators and gives no actual information about them.
It's annoying because there are some cool ideas earlier in the plot, like the revelation that FTL travel only exists because an alternate version of the inventor gave the information to his previous self so that he could invent it, but at the cost of eventually making Earth uninhabitable

As it is, the story doesn't feel finished. At all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think the gameplay is fine, but the story is really underbaked for some reason. The faction questlines are much more interesting.

It would have been more interesting if the central mystery of the game was finding alien artifacts from actual aliens instead of alternate/future humans or whatever you want to call the Starborn.

The devs just overextended themselves with too many things. It should have been like 30 well developed star systems instead of like 10 that are, and another 80 that are just either devoid of much to do or have a lot of repeat settlements on them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

isndl posted:

Would the Adoring Fan work better as the Emissary, or as the Hunter?
The latter

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I went without a companion for most of the Ryujin quest because I felt like my companions would not be happy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I don’t get why they are almost all kind of bland other than Andreja who at least has a more interesting story

It feels like another thing that probably gets more attention if the game had more dev time

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Is there a good way to grind to Level 100 without going NG+? I did basically everything in my first playthrough including loving around a lot in those abandoned outposts/places full of pirates/mercs/etc and I finished at Level 59.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fanatic posted:

I used this guide where you set up an outpost with animal buildings in a circle.

Then just shoot the generator of each building with a hornet's nest-modded coachman and repair to make the animals respawn. After set up it took me about an hour to get from level 55 to 100 with +17% XP boost (companion sleep + grandpa's meatloaf).
I can never understand how people figure this stuff out

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

My computer is a 5600x CPU, 3080 10 GB GPU, 32 GB RAM and it's running fine at 1440p on high. I am above 60 FPS without many frame drops.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

You know EVGA stopped making new GPUs, right

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lollerich posted:

So, I just tried out the new Starfield Beta update. The fps improvement was absurdly high. Getting 100+ fps on a 4070 at 1440p on more or less Ultra settings while running around in Neon Core. Where before it was barely giving 40 fps on Medim Settings.

This is quite the shock tbqh. I did not expect that, at all.

I'm uninstalling it again, because it breaks mods, but at least I know now what's coming.
Is this because of DLSS?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I like the reveal after that his character is running around in his underwear

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

In case you need a new bedspread for your race car bed

https://twitter.com/BethesdaGear/status/1727082006410838188

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah you should be fine

The game has DLSS support now as well

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

Your whole crew makes fun of you for picking the space dinosaurs, but then it turns out to be right in the retrospective at the end
What does it say at the end if you pick the microbe

I went with the dinosaur aliens so I have no idea

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They definitely needed to shrink the size of the game map somehow, yes

It's just too much as-is and they were clearly not able to do everything they wanted.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nope, and there isn’t really any major explanation as to why this whole cycle started

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ephori posted:

Imagine buying Arkane and BGS and then ending up with Redfall and Starfield.
Arkane being forced to make a game that is the exact opposite of their wheelhouse is a bigger failure than Starfield IMO

Starfield just clearly wasn’t finished. Maybe some day it will be better after they have put out more content, but Redfall was a huge disaster and it was also fully preventable.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Starfield is the epitome of the old phrase ‘Jack of many trades, master of none’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I am just waiting for the DLC and hoping that they add more QOL improvements

I have already finished the game once, but after going into NG+ I got bored and just went back to my old save