Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

cumming

e: im so glad they went back from F4 dialogue system

frajaq fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lmao I didnt catch this, why did they bother

I obviously understand this used in TES and Fallout but in a space sci-fi setting it just feels...silly? maybe its just me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I said come in! posted:

I still suspect that Starfield will be the biggest launch on Game Pass in its history, and will sell like 20 million copies day one. Now whether or not it can keep that momentum is another question. Cyberpunk sold extremely well, but no one was praising it at launch and then talk about it stopped very quickly.

might be a weird take but I don't see as much hype as I expected, it really feels like they burned good-will for good with Fallout 4 and 76, like they were given free rides all this time with the problems with their games beforehand. Could just be because its a new IP... I know some people who watched that xbox showcase just to see if they would show anything about Elder Scrolls 6 lol

frajaq fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 15, 2022

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

TheNamedSavior posted:

It's okay for Ion Storm to have an not-so-deep skill system but not Bethesda, I guess.

skill/experience points are more limited in Deus Ex than they will be in Starfield

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

CommissarMega posted:

Sim Settlements 2

just checked it out and holy moly :eyepop:

Bethesda Games modders are on another level

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

we loving won starbros

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

theres no way one of those big aliens doesnt catapult us into the stratosphere by accident

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

you WILL buy the watch

you WILL buy the Premium Digital Edition for 5 days of Early Access

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

woah what the hell was that DORF game, it looks sick

e: wrong loving thread

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

have we forgotten Cyberpunk (another very hyped game) on consoles so soon... ?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

getting flashbacks to the Fallout 4 thread a few months before release

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Following in the footsteps of Michael Kirkbride's psychedelic journey, Emil Pagliarulo attempted a "soul parley" by spending 14(?) days in remote isolation in the Hebrides and nearly dying after drinking a large quantity of saltwater, and I think the only thing he came out of it with was Fallout 4's "4 buttons, 4 choices" dialogue mechanic that he immediately soured on after discovering that the majority of FO4's dialogue he had written simply required YES/NO responses on the player's part.

its the Mystery Brew poster...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Todd will live forever just like Kissinger

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

We know there are going to be at least a few desolate planets where a couple of skeletons are embraced in the sand.

holy loving kino...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Khanstant posted:

Lmao what weaselly definition of fishing was he hoping to get away with?

thats such a classic Todd behavior, I stan

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AirRaid posted:

Really hate the circlejerk of articles and videos that all just "report" on the same thing we already saw for ourselves.

this is what Creating Content is all about for the Content Creators, at least they're not Reacting

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

how do I scratch this Starfield itch until the game comes out...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

man did I gently caress up by buying this on Green Man Gaming? they still havent given me my key for this lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

take me to the stars Todd

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

fuuuuuuck bros I think I got scammed, I dont think I purchased the edition that gives early access

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

holy moly why did I pre-order this, its just Fallout 4 in Space

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oswald ownenstein posted:

Why did this game take 7 years?

I see 3 years max of Fallout 4 modding

it honestly amazes me how mediocre this game is lol

maybe this was made to create a technical foothold for whatever they want to do with TES 6

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So is there a trick to knowing which Outpost location in random places will provide more available resources?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nancy posted:

I don't know about more or less, but the resource overlay does matter to some extent. For instance if you want both Iron and Aluminum from Narion/Sumati/Andraphon, you should land on the border between the blue mountain terrain and red crater regions.

Ahhh so there was something like that! That's good to know

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

....I can use the Cutter faster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Black Griffon posted:

Hold the right mouse button, the reticle contracts.

this thing is surprisingly deadly against enemies! and has infinite ammo!