Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I want to be able to put a brig on my ship. I want to actually take a bounty quest, fly across the system, capture a guy, throw him in the brig and come back and get my money. Then I want to pick up a bunch of cargo crates and ferry them to another system and get paid. I will do this until the heat death of the universe/my pc.

I don't care about gunplay or aliens, I just want to live out my Firefly-esque fantasies.

I look forward to being disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
How long has this game been actively in development, do we know?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Whorelord posted:

Hell of a page to jump into.

I love the passion from forums poster TheNamedSavior and I hope he keeps letting 20 pages at a time go by before rapid fire responding to individual posts.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Bad Purchase posted:

do not, under any circumstances, play a first person game with a controller

unless it's splatoon, that one gets a pass because of the motion controls are pretty good actually

Can’t believe people are still saying this in TYoOL 2022.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

I said come in! posted:

I'm thinking Starfield is probably not coming out until near the end of 2023, it wouldn't surprise me if it was pushed into 2024.

Honestly I would be happy with that, there's so many good games coming out this year I need some of them to get pushed back.

Now if all of them get pushed back then that's a problem...

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I could not give two shits whether the gunplay is "good" or "bad" I just want to wander the stars doing odd jobs to pay off my space mortgage.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Green all the way.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Outer Worlds was good.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Haven't been in this thread to avoid spoilers but I've hit an annoying bug and I want to know if people have figured out a fix for it or if I'm boned and need to wait for Bethesda to fix it or start NG+. Sorry if this has been talked about before.

New Atlantis is missing a lot of ground textures for me and the trade kiosk by the ship technician has gone missing. I don't think anything else important is missing so as of right now it's just inconvenient as opposed to game-breaking. I'm not sure when it happened. Reddit says it probably has something to do with getting/stealing a new ship and that triggering the bug somehow but I haven't stolen anything in a while and I didn't think anything weird happened when I got my most recent free ships the Kepler R & the Razorleaf.

Is anyone aware of a current fix?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I enjoyed my 150+ hours but I don't feel like going back until the DLC drops or at least until they fix the bug where you just lose parts of the floor of the spaceport in New Atlantis.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

chaosapiant posted:

Most of the Vanguard questline was pretty decent, I thought. Granted, maybe it left a stronger impression because it was the first major questline I did before I recognized all the issues with the game.

I liked Vanguard too and Ryujin was okay. Freestar Rangers started off fun for me but after you leave Neon it just got dumber and dumber. I never got around to Crimson Fleet, I got 150 hours into the game and was going to do them next but then some other game grabbed me and I haven't gone back.

I don't think Starfield is as hopeless as some of you but I'm hoping whenever I do come back to it that either mods or Bethesda have made it so that there's more of a point to some of the systems. I enjoyed my time outpost building but I wish there was a point to it besides... gathering resources to craft stuff for your outposts? I guess some people use it to get rich but I've never had money problems in a Bethesda game after the first 10 hours.

Also, not making the Trackers Alliance a full faction was a huge miss.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I just want to know if they ever fixed the bug where parts of the floor of the New Atlantis Spaceport just disappeared. I think its related to a similar bug with the Crimson Fleet spaceport?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I should probably stop looking, it's a little :stonk:-- I feel like Star Citizen was showing off procedurally generated egg dinners that had more variation half a decade ago

If you truly care about this seek help.