Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Tentatively making sure to watch this Starfield progress now and hope that it can be the Starflight it wants to be. Let me get aliens on my crew and find the magic planet of Starrim.

So far I've seen:
* Bethesda's well known jank
* flight system that seems subpar even at a major demo
* shooting minerals off of landscape (this will be joyous when it is tied to your ship upgrades and you have to find space iron on some distant proc gen planet somewhere)
* Bethesda level gunplay (ugh)
* Bethesda stick-up-the-booty walking animation
* the colony builder transformed into a ship builder (hopefully this will be fun, especially with mods)

Here's to hoping for the best while we wait for the next elder scrolls. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Epi Lepi posted:

I want to be able to put a brig on my ship. I want to actually take a bounty quest, fly across the system, capture a guy, throw him in the brig and come back and get my money. Then I want to pick up a bunch of cargo crates and ferry them to another system and get paid. I will do this until the heat death of the universe/my pc.

I don't care about gunplay or aliens, I just want to live out my Firefly-esque fantasies.

I look forward to being disappointed.

So it seemed like there was exploration, and mineral gathering, and a big "home base" kind of thing.

The demo showed fighting "pirates" so you'd have to assume pirates are stealing cargo hence why they are pirates... so I'd assume there's a sort of trade system in place.

Not sure how fun it will be, and I think they'll lock certain upgrades behind mining space rocks with a gun... but there's that.

You'll probably get some flavor of this but it'll be as fun as buying from the shop owner in some Skyrim town and then selling it to belethor or whatever. But maybe we'll be surprised.

I think the main game loop is centered around exploration rather than trade though.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lexorin posted:

Bets on which AAA actor they wasted money on for 5 minutes of VA for a throw away character?

I am glad the main character doesn't have any voiced lines.

They'd get bonus points for Mark Hamill, but it's probably someone like Liam Cunningham or Daniel Radcliffe. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I think not all Bethesda games are created equally.

I loved oblivion and Skyrim, but had a real hard time engaging and enjoying fallout 3 and 4.

I think it was the guns and how Bethesda games just don't feel "good" when you're shooting dudes instead of having sword fights and magic blasts with monsters close up.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lexorin posted:

I deeply hope that the reason the shooting sucks in Fallout is because of the V.A.T.S. system. Assuming starfield doesn't have that, then they don't have a reason to make the shooting suck on purpose. I realize this is extremely wishful thinking.

Yeah, this.

In 99% of my fallout encounters I forgot vats even existed. The gunplay was a very solid meh at best. :shrug:

Though I don't much like fps games and played it third person so maybe there was improvement if you did it in first person. I only did fps when I was in a dungeon because the camera didn't work well in them for tps. But on the surface it was all third person.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheSwizzler posted:

The alien artifacts are pieces of a large planet sized "halo" shaped object, and if this "halo" object is completed it will destroy all life in the galaxy

I think it's based on a book called "the ring that shouldn't blow up"

It seems like the story from dead space too except I think that artifact made people crazy and turn into night horrors as well.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Cavauro posted:

if it was me, if it were me, i'd probably make it and have it so that what it is, is that you start the game on a space ship. the space ship at the beginning of the game is about to crash, and you have to make it to one of the escape pods if you want to survive or else you're dead meat. and once you make it into an escape pod, the game kind of swooshes over to a UI element with a series of options to make. each of the escape pods has a predefined character in it, and those characters are all fleshed out and you can interact with them later in the game. but the main thing here in this section of the game is that you could pick to roleplay as one of these characters here starting at the beginning of the game. but the last escape pod is a 'define your own character' escape pod that doesn't show who went into it until after you've defined your own character. and once you choose a character or make your character at the escape pods, you fully take over that character that you selected, hopping into the escape pod and then the escape pods all eject from the space ship right before it blows up. one of the escape pods was malfunctioning though and the person who was in that randomly assigned escape pod dies right then and there on the space ship where you start the game. it could be your favorite character, and you just have to live with that, or it could be you, the player. And it was written by your best game writer that you fancy

This, except after spending 200 hours making your perfect character the escape pods all blow up except a few and one crashes down and out walks Solid Snake.

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

And then he bites down on a cigar and your wild adventure begins because the sky turns into fire and a giant space squid tentacle stabs out at you from the sky.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

what are the chances they gently caress up the modding scene for this by going all in on their paid for creator club bullshit?

I'd say 85-90% honestly.

I'm kind of expecting them to somehow shut down free mods except for stuff they curated and you can buy with Bethesda tokens sold for real money.

I figure they could do this by setting some kind of decryption in the exe file that has to be used to decode a mod, and every week they just push out a game "update" that alters that code.

This would effectively kill modders because they can't keep up or don't care so mods would stop being supported at various versions of the game, but getting your favorite stuff working would be impossible over time.

Unless of course... you buy them from Bethesda who updates their curated mods with the new decryption keys.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lexorin posted:

I'm just accusing them of intentionally making the gunplay bad so that people would use vats. But maybe they're just bad at it? Maybe a bit of both? Someone tweet at todd about it!

With guns their jank is noticeable because you sort of know what a gun should do, especially in video games. They don't do horribly, but it's also not fun or exciting gunplay. I also don't really think anybody really looked like they got hit until you crippled some limb, but I do the stealth sniper route (fallout version of stealth archer), so it was headshots whenever possible.

I also only liked bullet guns and never really used the lasers because they felt even more hokey.

That floaty feel of my character always made the combat not feel super fluid, and I never felt too powerful or exciting, the kill cams were neat enough but just blowing off limbs with guns and it was not as crazy as the swordplay stuff.

Same thing in Skyrim except it was a sword, and I didn't care if my hits weren't exactly on target so the jank of my character moving wasn't as bad and never pulled me out of the game. I could feel like a sword swinging goddess of destruction all I wanted because it feels more like an rpg game where stats mattered and my changes were more visible and felt that way in the world. My magic was different colors, and had different effects.

I honestly don't know if it's just the engine they can't ever escape from or if they never buy good programmers who know how to do those games because they only have as billions of dollars and Todd wants a new Ferrari color every year... I dunno. :)

But whatever it is, Bethesda can't make shooting anything more cool than a bow and arrow (even the crossbow in Skyrim was pretty lame), and they just shouldn't make those kinds of games.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I saw a space crab the other day. Horrible creatures!

I was a space explorer too, until I took a magical space artifact to the knee.

Stop right there, space criminal scum!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kegluneq posted:

Oooof. The separation of space/planetside is probably justifiable from a performance perspective - entering an atmosphere is tough for pop up in NMS and this has lots more polygons - but it's still disappointing. Planets look a bit like solid blocks of colour suggesting that land/sea divisions aren't generated until you land. I wonder if sky boxes are similarly vague? If your base has a view of three moons, will they be roughly where you can find them within space? And is interplanetary travel also behind a loading screen?

Edit: I thought I might have just missed this, but there was no adverse weather shown at all was there? That's hopefully something that'll be shown off properly later because that's a pretty glaring absence.

I'd say probably don't expect that level of accuracy. The skybox might have 3 moons but it's probably just the "on planet" version of that and not necessarily linked to anything in the space scene.

Additionally because there's no landing on the surface, the planet itself is likely a 2D height map proc gen which makes coding stuff like the physics, etc, much easier. You don't need to build out an unnecessary gravity system to work around a sphere.

They can also use their tested and true world building tools and roll with it, supplementing the proc gen stuff with hand placed locales as they wish.

I don't think it will be a big deal at all, especially if they do something like "oh fire on your ship blinds you!" Or cloud cover that masks the loading screen and transition from space to the flat planet and then you just fly above the surface of the flat planet.

I also wouldn't even care if it just popped up a world map and I clicked an area to land and I just landed there in a cinematic.

Unless there's something that's going to happen while flying, like getting in a sudden dog fight or something on the planet, traipsing around the planet is just a time sink to when you land and go do stuff. Let's just get to the doing the stuff faster. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

queeb posted:

i hope this triggers at least some kind of a space game resurgence. its been kinda lacking in that area lately from big developers.

Considering UE5 just effectively unlocked polygon counts for static mesh and world building functionality, I have a feeling a lot of devs are salivating at the mouth to start going crazy with that technology.

Unfortunately it is probably not going to look as good in space since distances and such, so I have a feeling UE5 making ground-based games more exciting from a graphical standpoint is going to further push back games involving purely space ship type settings.

Though stuff like dead space or games set "in space" where space isn't necessarily the main thing you interact with are still very much in the map I bet.

I guess we'll see. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I'm hoping the four cities will be based around core elements. Like fire, water, earth, and air. To mix it up a little with that excitement.

One will be on a lava planet.

One will be on an ocean planet and maybe the city is pontooning on the water.

One will be earth which will be the first human settlement full of all the normal human stuff that bares a striking resemblance to the scrap artwork found on the cutting room floor from when they made mass effect.

And finally a gas planet where it's a city in the sky reminiscent of cloud city.

It's either that or it's houses and huts except the wood is a metal texture and they stacked a dozen of the prefabs on top of each other to make tall buildings.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Really though after seeing the demo it feels like "it's kind of like Mass Effect" seems to be the art direction they went with, except the ships are with the concept of something like Rebel Galaxy and a giant Diesel engine rocket booster level of low-tech.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheNamedSavior posted:

I'm sorry but it turns out you can do a game where Aliens are actually weird and have it not suck.

* I didn't know you can play a game by just loving watching a video.
* the non-gen planets will probably have enough loving resources for you. you people are acting like being on a proc gen planet is akin to todd stabbing you in the dick or something.
* who cares, just stealth archer that poo poo.
* the animation looked about the same
* you'll bitch about tes 6 too.

Namaste my friend. Find your inner peace dragon and give her flowers and a hug. :)

I also forgive you about having non-sucking aliens in games. :)

And I just might about TES 6, but I'm looking forward to it super muchly so I will likely fangirl over it no matter what. :3:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 16, 2022

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Epi Lepi posted:

I love the passion from forums poster TheNamedSavior and I hope he keeps letting 20 pages at a time go by before rapid fire responding to individual posts.

He just needs to make sure that his seething rage keeps getting more angry with every post so everyone knows he is very serious about his responses. :)

However it also wouldn't be bad if he just found out how to snuggle his happy inner dragon and gave it cookies instead of fire and posted without quite so much anger.

And as much gaffe as I give Starfield and however much I feel like I know how it will play because I know how Bethesda makes these games, I'll probably still day 1 buy it because I love Bethesda games. I've played them all except fallout 76, and beat some of the ones I felt were bearable within reason like Skyrim and oblivion and fallout 3. I got bored of fallout 4 though somewhere in there and gave up on it. Also beat new Vegas though that's not Bethesda but... it's kind of close. :)

I'm going to bank on the modding community making the game great. They could do like whole planet theme parks of chaos. Looking forward to planet Skyrim where some crazy modder puts all of Skyrim in some crater on a Starfield planet or something. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I would like to see an animal crossing system in Starfield. I am a queen of decorating Skyrim houses and placing stuff at the perfect angle before it gets physics enabled and shoots through the roof and causes the whole house to explode.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CLAM DOWN posted:

The ship in the recent gameplay trailer reminds me of Prometheus

There is definitely some inspiration from that whole aliens series here, with the retro tech vibe.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Back Hack posted:

Deus Ex isn't a perfect games by any means, but if you going to pull it in defense Bethesda I'm going to have to strongly disagree with ya'. Deus Ex skill system is pretty similar at the surface level, but their is a major big difference, Deus Ex skills are extremely limited resource, the devs designed the game with that in mind so that players couldn't be a jack of all trades; they wanted players to create archetypes and roles. A player that went all in with the pistols, probably did so at cost of stealth or being able to hack terminals etc. etc., where as I don't think I've ever played a Bethesda game where my character didn't feel or play exactly the same, across sequels in the series or different ones entirely. Also, with that in mind Deus Ex augmented their pretty bog standard skill with...well, augmentations which tend to flip the whole dynamic of the game on it's head.

Also also, Deus Ex's RPG elements weren't focused entirely around what now cookie-cutter game mechanics, it was focused on the whole Role of Playing Games, with how the player interacts with the characters and world around them in interesting way. Something, Bethesda has shown they're severely lacking in ability to do, especially this last decade or so.

E: gently caress, beaten by a mile
E2: Here! Have a 3 hour video on the subject (eventually) by SA own hbomberguy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgJazjz9ZsA

I think the concept of zeroing into an archetype works when your game has a set narrative and you can plan how the player will get points to level up.

In an open world game those mechanics are more tough because you can "farm" for whatever you need wherever you happen to find some fortuitous way to exploit that mechanic.

And don't tell me I was the only one who made 500 iron daggers and then went on with the main quest and got destroyed by dremora lords because the game thought my high level of smithing was my level of combat skills as well. :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

OwlFancier posted:

I was more thinking that, like, I have not seen any fallout 4 mods that add in actual new functionality to the combat, it's only ever statistical tweaks and the occasional hacky conditional effect. An unambitious set of abilities initially makes it harder to improve later.

This is kind of the bane of gun games. You pull trigger and gun goes pop.

Be it a laser or whatever, it's kind of just shooting out some kind of projective that does something on impact. Maybe it explodes, maybe it turns into teddy bears. Who knows.

But there are lots of mods for Skyrim, around like combat and such. It's more flexible because you've also got some animations behind your swings and such that you can play with.

Though I'm curious if they'll do a vats type thing like Fallout, or if they'll use something like those "matrix mods" that let the combat still move but at a slower level while using AP. I thought those were cooler than vats and made it feel slightly more max Payne.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Honestly you're not thinking like a proper modder yet.

There will be a time where you can plug your characters dick into the air hole and start your orgasmic experience.

Then you'll relive this horrific scene except the helmet fills with cum and slowly you're breathing jizz and this will make you immune to like fire planets or something.

https://youtu.be/cd3z8_wIu08

It also gives you +5 every minute to your bladder bar which you'll need to maintain with a basic needs mod that was updated to support this "jizz life" mod.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
If you don't load Basic Needs- Bladder and Jizz before you load Jizz Life, your character will blink and his penis will be too long or her breasts will lose the fluid bounciness from the Physics Bounce Restore mod that had to load after Physics Capes Plus but before Physics Capes SuperMan Cape. Dont screw up your load order because finding the one that causes the game to crash as soon as you hit escape on the intro video will take you approximately 3 hours.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Bethesda games are fun because the amount of jank is usually acceptable in comparison to what you can do in the game.

Even without mods, a bethesda rpg game is usually packed full of crazy things to do and see.

The story is generally forgettable and silly, but I enjoy them not because of the story but because I can go north and run into a billion things, some on the map and some are just crazy locations that don't even have a map marker.

I hope they can continue that trend and they make it so I can get from a town to exploring some random cave without 50 minutes of driving in an empty black space level.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mylan posted:

And speaking of tropes, I'll take space magic any day over the tired plot point of "ancient advanced progenitor civilization that mysteriously disappeared."

Somewhere, Todd Howard just threw everything off his desk in a rage after reading this post. :)

Don't spoil the storyline!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mylan posted:

Hey Todd, if you're reading this, please dont make the ancient aliens turn out to be the Dwemer.

Now you just wrecked the ending of the game where you learn that it's like Star Wars, which happened a long time ago, but the Dwemer were there and this is basically a huge prequel to the universe of Elder Scrolls before it was thrown into magic and castles and tells the story of what happened to the Dwemer.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I wouldn't be surprised if it drops closer to Christmas 2023, like a mid-late November release.

Given the size I can see Bethesda having problems with QA and gameplay "fun" that pushes it into early Q1 2024 too. Maybe even selling Xboxes or something over Christmas with a Starfield iou and some Xbox artwork on the machine itself that is Starfield related.

I'm looking forward to it though, so hopefully they will surprise with deliverability. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bad Purchase posted:

the game was delayed due to the last minute title and theme change to GARFIELD

Day 1 buy for me.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm glad they're still pursuing romance. Four, huh? I'm guessing either one straight and one gay man and woman, or one straight man, one straight woman, one bisexual woman, and one non binary person?

Actually, I don't think the companions in fallout 4 cared about or recognized your gender, so maybe that's one of the changes?

Were people wearing space suits in the scenes in the main city?

My guess is:
1: straight male
2: straight female
3: bi female
4: wild action alien or robot!!!

Fisto is back! :3:

Though more likely the alien will be deep and thoughtful and it will be a neither gay or straight romance but kind of a "we are both smart for our species and our mere attraction is due to our deep philosophical views and love is all figurative and beneficial for good conversation (and combat bonuses)."

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I feel the biggest issue with it will be the jank and unusual design decisions Bethesda made along the way.

How tight do you want your shooter game to be? How much do you expect say, Fallout versus a Modern Warfare experience?

How many people talking nonsense at you can you take before you start just skipping dialog?

How many quests of "find my special weapon" in some samey-looking dungeon will you be able to tolerate?

How many chests will you open before "find another chest full of 6 credits" can you tolerate finding on a planet that doesn't even know what credits are?

How many space ship fights that look like star fox can you get through before you've had your last one?

How long will you play before you need the "skip the space fights" mod?

How long can you tolerate playing a bethesda game before the first "nude characters" mod comes out?

How long will you play before you absolutely must have the 4K skin texture mod and new mesh for characters to have bigger boobs mod following the mod above???

All of these will be factors into your enjoyment!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I liked Starflight bunches. :)

I would be happy with something like that, even if you could just explore and mine and find cool stuff in a buggy and had some sort of neat storyline to follow and different aliens to work with.

I also like not understand what they say too and figuring it all out. It could be neat for first encounter type stuff. Not sure how far into that they'll go, or if every alien just can magically know English (or whatever language you selected), and like every so many words they have a weird letter thrown in there because they are aliens.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sylphosaurus posted:

I´m just happy to have a sci-fi themed RPG for once since I´m so drat tired of ye olde medevial style of RPG.

:same:

But I have this thing where I feel like I love the concept of space and science fiction, but I usually have a hard time with the shooty stuff. For some reason when you move into shooty stuff, the game feels "further away" and it's like a third person or first person shooter, or it's just a turn based attack game where a sword and a gun are basically exactly the same just different animations.

Like KoTOR was just... guns didn't matter any.

And in stuff like fallout or Skyrim/oblivion I really liked Skyrim and oblivion better because the hitting stuff was a lot easier to do and more fun because I was closer.

Anytime I can shoot in an rpg I always go with the "stealthy, long distance killer girl" which is kind of limited in what you do and how you play and how close you can interact with the targets.

I kind of figure Starfield will be like fallout, so a first and third person shooter and I'll just zap baddies from as far as some scope and sniper laser will let me sit.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I think it's probably a safe bet to expect some kind of space magic or space psyonics or something.

You literally can't make a video game these days without something like magic, espresso if it's an rpg.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

marshmallow creep posted:

Caffeine based magic system? Isn't that basically like Bioshock where drinking soda gave you blue bar?

:lol:

I got spell corrected but that's actually kind of funny.

I'd go for a coffee based magic system.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Stealth archer is like the only real class in the bethesda games.

I tried to do magic, and once I actually got real high level, but for some reason magic stopped scaling and became useless and I was getting killed by every other random encounter. Other characters using weapons did not have those problems.

So yeah there may be magic but it will probably screw up at some point.

So be sure to be whatever the space equivalent is of the stealth archer. The game will be easy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Stealth archer was also the only one where it felt like you could play the game. The sword person you'd just run in and click click click and sometimes do a health potion or magic heal but you didn't care about the level or anything else. Just if you'd beat the guy.

Stealth archer made the level feel more relevant. Though only in a corny way. I'd shoot an arrow then wait for the eyeball to disappear again. You could ever shoot two arrows in a row no matter how far away you are because that second arrow always told them exactly where you were. You could only shoot two if the first missed.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Some day Todd will do a great Kickstarter. And we can complete the circle of life.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

John F Bennett posted:

I'm pretty sure there won't be any aliens outside of local fauna. Likely there will be stuff like alien artifacts, but no aliens like in Mass Effect. Todd has said it will be a very grounded type of sci-fi. So probably also no space magic, biotics or whatever you want to call it.

Suits me fine, because I'm a bit tired of all of these fantasy tropes.

But I hope there will be lots of space drugs with cool effects instead.

Hell yeah, the gaming world is obsessed with medieval fantasy RPG's.

Yeah... but I'm still believing that bethesda can't help themselves from showing some kind of alien. :)

But they can always do the tried and true "ancient Dwemer" path too. It's just one they've kind of done before.

I'd be neat if it was like mass effect and you could pick your alien race you want to play as. I always enjoyed elder scrolls for exactly that functionality where you could be stuff other than a generic human and it was overall pretty cool.

Regardless of the final product I'm sure I will still enjoy it greatly and play it. :3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

The fact that a pretty significant chunk of the Morrowind team is around in some form or fashion because its a good place to work is a good thing to hear. Basically every other RPG studio its like a 90% staff replacement each game.

I think they've been very muted in their promises too, which helps. Yeah 1000 planets, but do you remember when Cyberpunk was running around being like "EVERY SINGLE QUEST IN THE GAME WILL HAVE MASSIVE DECISION TREES" and it was literally like, maybe three and only the one quest that had more than two? There was a point where Cyberpunk developers were claiming that you could literally go into thousands of apartments in the game, good god

If they went the route of procedural generation, after like 3 planets that aren't quest planets you'll probably see the algorithm running under the hood and the other 997 planets will be less exciting to explore or even bother visiting.

What I'm hoping though is that the planets themselves can have custom stuff put on top of them, and you'll have modders building stuff on different planets. Like fallout 4 planet, Skyrim planet, the weird planet of rubber sex toys and giant dildo trees, etc. :)

I love a good bethesda game, but it's the modding community that makes those games actually be fun to come back to 5 or so years later to see all the new crazy stuff you can do.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lordshmee posted:

Todd specifically said 1000 wasn’t an engine limitation but that past that number wtf are they going to put on them? A good question and one I’m glad they aren’t trying to answer.

I wish Bethesda hadn’t shut down their forums. One thing I’d really like to post at them is to beg that they allow us to re-bind all controls. I mean I want to be able to use any key for any function. They hard-coded a bunch of stuff in Fallout 4 which was the reason I stopped playing it right away. I’m an old man and very persnickety about my control scheme and if you force me into WASD I just nope out and it makes me very sad.

You get some randomly generated quest to find/kill random enemies. You randomly pick one of the 1000 planets, randomly pick coordinates, and maybe you even have some cookie cutter pieces of a structure that can be glued together like a Subnautica base, then you plop it down at that coordinates after checking to make sure you didn't already spawn another random base on that planet/coordinate vicinity.

I'd say the concept is fine, but it's like any random quests and loot and I have many fond memory of opening chests for my 6 gold, 1 lettuce, and some random piece of villager clothing. The formulae can get worn out after a lil while. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I love the switch and controller games. I like Skyrim because how great it is with a controller, and to a lesser extent even fallout. I liked how with vats I could be a terrible fps player but still get some good fun and feel like an expert at times even with substandard reflexes and an innate inability to line up a headshot for anything.

I hope there is something like vats in this game too because I want an rpg not a call of duty game.