Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
People keep saying the planets are going to be empty, but maybe Bethesda has come up with a brilliant algorithm to procedurally generate skeleton-based environmental storytelling as well??

Anyway, I fully expect this to be a kinda mediocre game that I somehow spend 300 hours playing and mostly enjoying, like every other Bethesda game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

frajaq posted:

man did I gently caress up by buying this on Green Man Gaming? they still havent given me my key for this lol

I just got my key from them 15 minutes ago.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

If I can't craft a potion that lets me craft a potion that lets me craft a potion that lets me craft a potion that lets me circumnavigate an entire planet in a single jump it's not a real Bethesda game.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

There was early access to Mass Effect: Andromeda for Origin subscribers, which I'm pretty sure ended up costing them a ton of sales and probably scared a lot of other companies off from doing that kind of thing. All the memes about the bad animation and all were going around days before it went on general sale.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

After finishing the game I can say that my prediction was correct:

Extortionist posted:

I fully expect this to be a kinda mediocre game that I somehow spend 300 hours playing and mostly enjoying, like every other Bethesda game.

It is very extremely a Bethesda RPG, with all that entails. I think this one has a better main story than they usually tend to have, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm sorry but their skeleton dioramas in the last few games loving owned

In starfield there's a crashed ship on a planet with no atmosphere and a suitless skeleton on a cot

There's just no imagination or whimsy in starfield

In Starfield you can find a derelict ship where all the inhabitants are dead, with logs next to a skeleton sitting at a computer where the guy's saying he'll get around to fixing the life support system after just one more turn.

I thought that was decent enough, though it's also about the only non-quest-related thing like that I can remember from the game.