Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

this could just be skyrim in space and id still play it for like 1000 hours, i fuckin love space games, i feel like its been ages since we got a space game from a big studio. hopefully this sells gangbusters and we get a space game renaissance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i hope this triggers at least some kind of a space game resurgence. its been kinda lacking in that area lately from big developers.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Vichan posted:

Baldur's Gate will tide me over, hopefully.

Baldur's Gate, armored core 6, new Poe league, August is packed

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

If you look hard enough in the trailers you can see the little running legs of the model that is wearing the ship as a hat

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Couple months? Starfield is September 1st, less than a month.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Armored core 6 is in between too, and a new Poe league if that floats your boat, and I'm sure im missing stuff. Crazy month

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I said come in! posted:

im not spending money for the early access of Starfield, that is crazy. Will wait until I can play it on Game Pass.

But you can pay to play early on game pass too

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah it's gonna be nms flight style for sure, I doubt there will be any Newtonian physics flying that would need a stick.

WW2 planes in space

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

dang that is pretty big

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i am so excited for when modding gets into full swing for this, gonna be sme dope poo poo i better be able to gently caress an alien

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gonna beeline to NG+ and then sink 200 hours into that

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

blue squares posted:

Uhhhh, is it just me or are the graphics garbage? I am exploring the first city that the story takes you to and it looks pretty lovely. I am on High settings

here is an image in case i somehow have some kind of setting wrong and someone can help

heres mine in the same spot

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol blown out by bg3, pathetic

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

blue squares posted:

seems about the same, minus yours being brighter

i am on high settings as well and mine looks way more crisp

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Carmant posted:

I'm a sucker so I paid the 30 bucks and it worked. Game isn't bad but it's no Armored Core 6.

yeah i was literally just playing AC6 before starting this and whooo, coming off BG3 and AC6 into this is kinda jarring, those 2 games are loving amazing and this is pretty mid so far but im sure it'll get better

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

blue squares posted:

seems about the same, minus yours being brighter

make sure it didnt turn your render resolution down, after choosing high mine was set down to like 65% or something, put it back to 100 and that should help

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

and yeah i kinda get the fast travel complaints or whatever, its kinda weird you can just like, be sitting in a cafe, bring up your map, select your next mission on a place you've ever been before and in like 2 clicks be orbiting mars with 0 cutscenes or anything, like i had a mission to go mars, never flown to sol system, never flown anywhere except the intro and bam i fast travelled there and was on the planet in like 30 seconds

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

neat got a legendary space suit in the first main mission:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

and lol this makes BG3 inventory management look down right amazing

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so far the star part of starfield is basically a menu simulator, its kind of bad, i had tempered my expectations after like, no flying to surfaces or anything like that but even that being said the boarding and space flying all seem pretty superficial i guess, its all just cells you fly around in

queeb fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 1, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

like if you could supercruise between planets or something it'd make space feel better, this feels like a space game without actual space stuff to do

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ok so like why is it a loading screen to land (ok i understand this) and ALSO a loading screen to leave your ship

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i wonder if theres cutscenes not firing or something, even just a scene showing your ship aligning to the new planet/star, warping, then arriving and whatever would help with immersion, just black loading screens every time so far for me basically means im only seeing minimal space stuff

edit: I guess grav jumping while in space kind of does that but when going around for missions and stuff you just teleport

queeb fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 1, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Going to give up on my beat main story and then actually play on ng+ idea and just settle in and play normally, now that I've slept and I'm over my initial disappointment. It's fallout 4 in space, and while I didn't like fallout 4 at all, I'll give this a fair shake playing that way and see.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

no you just tab through the options on the chest, slot them into the holes that fit

you have everything you need on each chest to unlock, sometimes you need to use 2 or more options on each ring

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

this dude just loving took off running

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

goddamn yo im pretty sure i just look like a normal person, why they looking at me like that

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

So I started over and made a character to lean into for RP, gave myself a nice apartment and parents so I have some money pressure, and an adoring fan cause lol, and I'm gonna treat this like a new fallout/Skyrim rather than a space exploring game.

Now that I'm exploring the heck out of the first city I have so many side quests jeepers

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah the thing is so far I have 0 of that feeling like i got with skyrim where i can hop on the horse, go riding and find a ton of cool poo poo as i go around. I havent really had that experience at all in starfield, my first time through skyrim felt way better for exploration. it feels more like a ton of little areas of interest connected by fast travel

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

John F Bennett posted:

I skilled up a point in ship thrusters but I don't get it, what does it do?

hold spacebar or wahtever on console, then you can strafe left right up down

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah the guns feel like airsoft guns which i guess is the same as fallout etc. enemies are spongy as hell, i hope a mod comes out that makes the ttk like 1/2 for me and for enemies

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I wonder if crafting is broken in this like all Beth games. I may skip leveling combat and go right into crafting guns

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Barreft posted:

That takes like multiple hours doesn't it? lol

Press f in ship for scanner, you can hover over a destination and grav drive the re

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can you take mods off weapons?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah you get a ton of size quests just from Ambien t chatter as you wander

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

dang this is decent

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i hope crafting is good im putting skillpoints into making food and adding poo poo to my guns and nothing into combat, might be dumb

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah im glad i went with the parents/apartment/follower traits, seems to be good all around

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

VanillaGorilla posted:

Weightlifting is up there with tier 1 boost packs in the “every character should probably take this” category.

It’s also pretty easy to get the skill challenges through normal play so for the low cost of like 4 skill points you can double your natural carrying capacity

But yeah the second there’s a no encumbrance mod on console I’m palm slapping that poo poo in.

yeah i consoled that poo poo away immediately on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so explain crew members to me, do you get their skills or something?