Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I get people complaining about oh, its another game on Bethesda's jank-as-gently caress engine, but the only thing these games have going for them are the modding tools Bethesda releases. I hope we end up getting a creation kit on par with Skyrim's.

If nothing else, having 1000 planets means there is plenty of room for modders to gently caress around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I would bet Bethesda is counting on people wanting to set up outposts on barren planets to harvest and trade resources as the sort of content they are providing on said planets.

I would be surprised if they even had a radiant quest system set up for the procgen planets. I don’t think they’ll even go to that much trouble.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I’m gonna be more annoyed when Starfield is capped at 60 on pc (or the physics breaks above 60) than how bad it runs on console.

People playing Bethesda games on console have more to worry about than fps.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I love to bash these games as much as anyone but the character movement and combat animations are substantially improved from Fallout 4. Enemy reactions to being shot are much better and everything looks less floaty. Agreed that facial animations aren't great.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Have they discussed the setting at all? Like technology level, how space flight works? Political structures, do we have a galactic empire or federation or lots independent worlds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Tombot posted:

I don't know why, but it feels like just this year every "AAA" studio is requiring huge amounts of VRam to run their games without any real improvement to graphics and I'm not really sure I want to upgrade my PC just because a few developers don't feel like optimizing. I figured any graphics card that can run VR should be able to run any game just fine, but apparently not.

We’ve finally started getting games that aren’t developed to run on older consoles as well.