Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypenguin
Mar 9, 2005
nothing witty here, move along
Was playing FO4 again, and just ran into the bug (again) where settlements just... lose their inventory. Torching hours of play.

I hope Starfield doesn't have these kinds of game breaking bugs. I don't remember Skyrim failing at basic things like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazypenguin
Mar 9, 2005
nothing witty here, move along

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It really does not help that the options at the unity are “yes” and “yes, but later” when they have becoming starborn portrayed as having issues, with a character that has rejected it and explained why. You never get to actually engage with that theme at all

The endgame I wanted was to reject unity, and build Constellation into a known-space spanning navy dedicated to wiping out every starborn that enters your universe. starborn delenda est. NONE SHALL PASS

Build outposts because there's a point! They detect starborn incursions and let you kill them. Build up their defences so starborn can't attack them. Build fleets stationed there so all incursions in neighboring star systems are automatically dealt with. Build new outposts elsewhere and repeat to protect more of the galaxy. Galaxy tower defense, basically.

...then, having saved the galaxy, decide the only way to continue the war is to enter unity and go protect another universe from the starborn scourge.

...then eventually jump into a universe other-you has already protected, and now you have to figure out how to survive long enough to make it back to unity because they perceive you as just another starborn fucker. But also you don't want to just kill them all because they are sorta allies after all, even if they're trying to kill you. Or maybe you don't care, because you're turning into a starborn fucker.

I could see myself playing that game entirely too much.