Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
If your follower is attached to an outpost (in this case *slight spoilers maybe?* Heller) and you use them as a companion will your outpost still get their skills to help it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I put down my first outpost randomly and now there is like 1000 copper and waters in my outpost storage and I dunno what to do with them because they won't fit in my ships cargo and when I sold them they were like 1 credit a piece.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hate how I have like 15 activities that just say "Talk to (Person)". Just from ambient conversations. I wish it told you a bit so I know if it's worth it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hate that you have to assign a follower to your ship or outpost in order to get them to follow you. Does your ship/outpost still get the benefit of your skills when they are with you?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Tempora Mutantur posted:

you literally do not need to do this, you can have an unassigned companion; far as I know ships only get benefits of skills when a crew is assigned (but NOT if they're unassigned and your companion)

Are you sure? Whenever I unassigned a companion it tells me they have left as a companion and when I talk to them if they are unassigned the only choice I have is is that I want them to join my crew. Then after they join my crew the choice to ask them to follow me appears.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

selec posted:

How can I pull up the crew list without talking to a companion?

Go to ship in the menu screen and hit Y (or whatever key on keyboard if youre PC)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I took Alien DNA, Terra something (more HP and Oxygen on planet and less in space) and Empathy. Empath has been fine, given me quite a few unique dialogues, alien DNA makes food basically useless which I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I didn't take any of the citizen or religion ones because why the hell would you ask me that at the beginning when I have no idea what univerium or united colonies mean?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Dude I'll never figure out what the error "landing bay needs to be attached to cockpit" means. I always put it the same.place as any other landing bay I see in any other ship but if I ever try to swap it out it always gives that error.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What do you need to build to get research stations and other stations in your starship? I assume it's a hab.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I plan on making a ship that's all one floor but as long as wide as I can make it so it looks like those fish that lay flat on the ocean floor.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I made my big flat ship that's all only one story but like 49 squares but I never actually paid for it because it was gonna be like 200000 credits and i had to reuse a lot of habs so it was gonna be stupid. It also could only jump 5 LY for some reason even though I put the best grav on it. I'll never get to know what it was like to walk around in my mile long ship.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hate that when you land on a planet if you decide to put a outpost up it'll keep landing you at the same spot you originally landed then closer to your outpost (unless you have a starport or landing pad).

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
None of them are really interesting. I did all of their friendship quests (except Sam) and none of those are particularly interesting either. Sarah is the most boring person in the universe, Andreja is the generic "badass but with a heart of gold" character, and Barrett is a manic pixie dream boy. You're better off hiring someone in a bar that doesn't talk lol.

I didn't have the adoring fan trait so I can't comment on him.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 24, 2023

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Someone said something about starting a new save and finding new random ships in the middle of nowhere as random events and I'm having the same experience. I found the radiation one mentioned and one that was like a Heavens gate thing with a bunch of people dead in their bunks with orange juice spread everywhere and notes about them following a comet.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The only reason I dislike the ship I got from the FC quest is that it's hard to put more cargo into it because you need better boosters but to get them you need to put a better class reactor on the ship but the A class reactor you get on by default is seemingly a lot better than the Bs and Cs you can buy.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah can we compare Starfield to games that actually exist.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I found him in New Atlantis. I didn't recognize him but I did make fun of his clothes. I didn't realize until you said it that it was the Hunter though.

Also I accidently shot down a UC ship and all my companions were in board because they are crew mates and it said they were all angry at the same time and they all say a variation of "we need to talk" at the same time. The way it happened and all the noise they made made me laugh because it reminded me of like getting to drunk when you're younger and spilling alcohol at a party.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 26, 2023

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Had two bugs today. One is in the Failure to communicate mission it won't let me interact with Albany Lopez. Did the mission fine on a previous playthrough but I can't talk to him now. Just nothing when I press A on him. Another is all my drat ship parts just disappeared. No idea what happened to them.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
They are tedious and stupid and would be improved by honestly just giving your the power right when you enter the temple but they are short enough I don't have a major complaint.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This playthrough I've been finding a lot of ships floating that have their own self contained story. Anyone found some good ones? I found one where I think they were killed by ghosts, one that was like that cult from the 90s that mass suicided to get on a comet, and one where radiation had leaked.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I changed a few habs out and moved around some parts and loved the Kepler. Is it always the same ship no matter what you say to the people?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I keep seeing people wondering why they can't get Sarah to like them and I can't get any of my companions to not like me barring going on a killing spree of civilians. I had Sarah advanced to full friendship before I even completed into the unknown. I started having Andreja follow me thinking oh shell hate when I help people and then she likes that poo poo too????

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It seems pretty obvious to me if they had the ability/inclination to turn starfield into a better game they would have made a better game to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Punished Ape posted:

I got Starbornified only once, and it was the 'nothing is different lol' universe which felt thematically appropriate.

I don't think you can get a variant universe until you've starborned at least twice.