Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I noticed that when Japanese people are on TV, especially when they're speaking into the camera or giving a presentation, they do a lot of motions that are like halfway between a bow and a nod. Like a miniature bow or an extra deep nod. Then I realized this isn't any weirder than how Americans on TV like to shake their heads when they're saying they like something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
:hmmyes: :camera6:

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
American on TV: It's so great. Amazing. *Shaking head like a toddler refusing to eat a bite of food*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
big giant splooge lol

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Blinking real hard

Lifting your heel early when walking or barely putting it down

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I thought you were wizard master for a second

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

*covers face with hand while giggling*

*Hiding my weird eye-tooth over tooth face that seems popular for some reason*

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 16, 2022

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

wnen someone cuts off tne top part of their letter n's so they look like n's. tnat really pets my peeves

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Dudes readjusting their dicks. A lot of teachers did it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
you know

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I also notice japanese people on tv

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I also notice that a lot of idiots pronounce the "t" in often. And they really emphasize it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Indians do a head wiggle which seems to be some kind of agreement or acknowledgement or something like that. It seems to have a lot of purposes.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
I notice a lot of people mime putting a gun to their heads when I try to share with them my favorite T.V. show. I think this might be an inside joke I'm missing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If you speak in one discernible rhythm, I want to kill you.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Where's my computer toucher homies who have offshore co-workers in India who do that head-bobble shite :techno::spergin:

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Drunk white people will take any opportunity to prove they can do a cartwheel.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i notice when nazis do a sieg heil

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm a goon so I am unable to read body language or recognize speech patters

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I pantomime "wtf" at cars that almost hit me and am usually met with dulleyed stares.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

Indians do a head wiggle which seems to be some kind of agreement or acknowledgement or something like that. It seems to have a lot of purposes.

The head bobble?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_bobble

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I do my absolute hardest to pretend other people don’t exist.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Taking tiny rapid steps, giving the illusion of moving faster.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

how bout online mannerisms which most of you jerks can relate to

you ever notice the new trend where people type like they're speaking

you know, they do ellipses and poo poo. go onto reddit, there you will find at least one fuckface who posts like this

"but...you...you..do realize that posting like this makes you seem like an rear end in a top hat, right?"

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

people saying 'actually' in the context of 'it's actually very good'. like i realise of course, we're above this stupid thing whatever it is, but in this case i deign to make an exception to taste and proclaim it's good enough, as an authority on good stuff

when i say people i mean me. i hate it.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

everyone is constantly nodding including me its got to be a conspiracy.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

roomtone posted:

people saying 'actually' in the context of 'it's actually very good'. like i realise of course, we're above this stupid thing whatever it is, but in this case i deign to make an exception to taste and proclaim it's good enough, as an authority on good stuff

when i say people i mean me. i hate it.

Similarly, people who apply both emphasizing and deemphasizing qualifiers to the same statement. "It's kind of a big problem." "I really sort of think that we should go." I even occasionally hear people use "big" and "little" to describe the same thing in the same sentence.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Dudes readjusting their dicks. A lot of teachers did it

What do you want me to do, have an uncomfortable dick position in my pants? Who the gently caress are you? MY DICK FEELS WEIRD

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Notice how black people are like THIS, and white people are like this

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When you run into an associate you haven't seen in years who just got a divorce and they come at you with full on best friend energy with their hands out like they just saw a ghost

That only happened to me once but it was still weird enough that I remember it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

What do you want me to do, have an uncomfortable dick position in my pants? Who the gently caress are you? MY DICK FEELS WEIRD

Just get it reinstalled

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

idgaf about other peoples mannerisms I'm too busy paying attention to every little thing I do due to crippling anxiety

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
When someone awkwardly holds onto a mug for the entire 3 hours they talk about Dr Who for.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

idgaf about other peoples mannerisms I'm too busy paying attention to every little thing I do due to crippling anxiety

Hi five!

hi fives are a stupid dated gesture why the gently caress did I think hi five was the thing to do time to add this to the litany of embarassments scorched onto my brain

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Shall I shave?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My legs and feet turn outward so I walk and bend weird. I also tend to put all my weight on the balls of my feet so I walk tiptoed as well. It is exhausting trying to force myself to walk like everyone else in public, but I've always been terrified of not doing so. I can imagine some sort of horrible bullying event happened continuously and I've long blocked it out. I'm 35 and people still comment about it and I feel so embarrassed despite haaaaating caring about other people's opinions. I'm sure this will be a problem until I'm dead and I'm already in therapy.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Without further ado let's get right into it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Every time I notice someone act strangely in an embarassing way I just assume they're a goon

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Charles Bukowski posted:

My legs and feet turn outward so I walk and bend weird. I also tend to put all my weight on the balls of my feet so I walk tiptoed as well. It is exhausting trying to force myself to walk like everyone else in public, but I've always been terrified of not doing so. I can imagine some sort of horrible bullying event happened continuously and I've long blocked it out. I'm 35 and people still comment about it and I feel so embarrassed despite haaaaating caring about other people's opinions. I'm sure this will be a problem until I'm dead and I'm already in therapy.

I would talk to a doctor about that, you can probably fix it to some degree with orthotics, or at least they may make walking a bit more comfortable. The gait you describe probably isn't great for your joints and could cause you worse issues when you're older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
When I fiddle with the clasp on my cloak.