Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
This game's gonna be fantastic. If it isn't...I'll eat an entire truckload of ergot in one setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
Am I a dick for thinking I'm smart for not being confused at the idea of "The game doesn't say for certain who did it?" It's not the MCU, they're not gonna explain it outright for the lazy layman. Then again, I can see how people would go into it thinking they're gonna be so smart for guessing it's the rich guy upon pressing start, only to be dumbfounded when literally nothing is answered for sure.

I do hope that the writers knew who did it at least, so the story isn't riddled with obvious plot holes in a failed attempt to make sure for "certain" that no one figures it out. That'd be annoying. IIRC Her Story did that, and it sucked.

Either way, I'm expecting the lack of clear answers to be something that divides critics and players when the game comes out. And IMHO I'm gonna praise Obsidian for that decision either way. I was the one who defended Firewatch when they had an ending that was actually thought provoking instead of some dumb MCUy "you press X to punch the bad guy in the face" ending, and the one who defends EVA for ending on a vague, cool, weird outta worldly piece, instead of "everyone lives" or something. I'm sick of seeing people who think neoliberalism is the only way to write stories. We NEED more stories that are willing to take a stance, and taking a stance against objective reality in fiction is one step to a more Anarchist (read: free-thinking) way of storytelling.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)