Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
who is this josh sawyer fellow and why is he speaking for rope kid!!!

I am looking forward to playing this and loving it up, making everything about the murder mystery worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

No Dignity posted:

In the interests of appeasing the CRPG player market there will be a painfully out of place bordello with paper cutout sexy dancers and weird PC sex scenes narrated in the style of a religious treatese of the time

And you can walk up to them and press the "interact" key to wave a :20bux: in their face, a la Duke Nukem 3D.

Fake edit: what's the early-modern Holy Roman Empire version of a $20?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

rope kid posted:

We'll almost certainly eventually do a talk about their individual design and all of the techniques behind how they render.

I know you said you've had the idea to make this game for like a decade, but how long ago did the game actually start spinning up to be made? I guess that should be phrased as "when did pre-production begin?" Did you pitch it before you'd finished working on Deadfire? I'm assuming yes, but I also have next to no idea how game production works so :shrug:

If you can't answer, that's fine too.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Khanstant posted:

whoever is the richest person in the game, is the person i will accuse

J'Accuse…!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1562388400841187335

Looks good, rope kid!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Gonna ment me some penti, if you catch my meaning.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
rope kid pls be ok

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Just gimme the recipe for ergot poisoning and we'll call it good :shroom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
This is why rope kid is the best game dev: he really follows through on the important stuff.