Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Whenever I played Red Alert 2 I'd immediately destroy the WTC with my tanks, regardless of whether I was playing Allies or Soviets.

For sure they put effort into unique animations for monuments being wrecked, on the DC map I think even the Smithsonian crumbled in an interesting way. Also appreciated how the Secret Service agents had unique dialogue even though their stats seemed the same as the Seals, and you couldn't build them and they only appeared on one map where the player would have to go out of their way to mind control them.

Sega: hard stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Thank you. I was waiting for these. I expect Hulk any minute now..

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hyrax Attack! posted:

For sure they put effort into unique animations for monuments being wrecked, on the DC map I think even the Smithsonian crumbled in an interesting way. Also appreciated how the Secret Service agents had unique dialogue even though their stats seemed the same as the Seals, and you couldn't build them and they only appeared on one map where the player would have to go out of their way to mind control them.

Yeah, RA2 is one of my favorite games because of how much effort they put into it.

The WTC was useless in the game anyway. You couldn't garrison GIs/Conscripts inside of them; they were towers that got in the way of your line of sight (if I wasn't on a list before, I probably am now...).

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

(if I wasn't on a list before, I probably am now...).

Truly the right thing to do, when playing the video game Red Alert 2, is to destroy the World Trade Center. It is good to destroy the World Trade Center, otherwise known as the Twin Towers, from a gameplay perspective. I advise everyone to bomb, rocket, or otherwise use explosives to level the World Trade Center, if they are playing classic PC strategy game Red Alert 2.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
All of you remember RA2 very differently from me. I don't even know if it was destructible but garrisoning infantry inside it gave you view of the whole map and I think a cash bonus? And I think it only showed up in the Russian campaign? Also it was at the edge of the map so it didn't cover very much of your view at all?

BiggestOrangeTree fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 19, 2022

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Thank you. I was waiting for these. I expect Hulk any minute now..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bah gawd, the humanity