Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I believe there were indeed fewer mass shootings in the most recent 1-year period trump was president vs Biden’s most recent year of being president. truth

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It was very embarrassing for me personally when I approved of even a single thing the American president did.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bulliest kept beating me up and calling me slurs on cspam =(

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

a_pineapple posted:

the anticipation of now.

it's this

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The Nazis were marginally more emboldened to operate openly?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Dipshit racists were pro government when trump was in

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ikanreed posted:

The Nazis were marginally more emboldened to operate openly?
https://twitter.com/ukraine_world/status/1536999008618553345

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Dustcat posted:

which i guess is good if you're an accelerationist

thats right

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

my lib family were really annoying about politics all the time

a lot quieter now!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
ppl yelled BERNIE SANDERS 24/7 in cspam

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

libs kept coming up with tortured nicknames for him because they think life is like Harry Potter where just saying his name gives him power

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

libs kept coming up with tortured nicknames for him because they think life is like Harry Potter where just saying his name gives him power

i hadn’t heard TFG/The Former Guy until this year so that poo poo is absolutely worse now

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I was employed #NeverAgain

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Like everything people wanna blame on him were trends that were already in progress when he usurped the nomination. I dont see the world being any different if ted cruz had won and any of those poo poo stains would've beaten hillary lmao

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

ellasmith posted:

i'm sitting here in june of 2022, trying to think of what was worse about day to day life in let's say, june of 2018. nearly everything seems more difficult now.

"Muslim ban"

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Nazis were more empowered for having him as a president, instead of the status quo of pretending there's no racism.

Maybe you guys should vote for better candidates. Maybe some sanctions will help you make better choices.

LOL. LMAO.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
the Afghanistan withdrawal. that’s so far it. it’s a loving major achievement. it also matters nothing for most people because it’s foreign policy. but it rules. I still loathe Biden. but that’s the answer. and it is a big one.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

also, the fact that Biden did this. and it was a colossal achievement in ending human misery and bringing troops home. and literally no one remembers it. that’s why no president gives a gently caress about foreign policy when it comes elections.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the US stole Afghanistan's money and people are starving there now because of US sanctions
https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1536338224787906562?s=20&t=wNG4FqSG-CMa4PuFAGHV0w

it's hard to call it a withdrawal when the economic war is continuing

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

would that have happened without the withdrawal though

edit; in fact, I’m willing to brook that the withdrawal was timed to avoid this. which makes it of course worse. but still. the country is free of us troops at least. who would definitely not have fixed this issue.

fr0id has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Jun 21, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

biden should only get credit for the withdrawal being a massive fuckup, after prolonging it beyond what was agreed upon between the trump admin and the taliban

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

There is exactly one difference about the trump presidency

content

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

biden should only get credit for the withdrawal being a massive fuckup, after prolonging it beyond what was agreed upon between the trump admin and the taliban
p

it was a fuckup invasion. a fuckup occupation. no way to make it not a gently caress up withdrawal other than it lasting six years and being undone by congress or next president.

you saw how much the media turned on Biden for doing it. that alone should have been ding ding ding bells for “maybe this is the right thing.”

it’s the one thing the dude has done right and yes he could have done it better but this isn’t Obamacare half measure bullshit he literally got the troops out. it’s his one unequivocally good act.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

ellasmith posted:

i'm sitting here in june of 2022, trying to think of what was worse about day to day life in let's say, june of 2018. nearly everything seems more difficult now.

Things are not that bad now. Worse than before, but better than what is to come.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

fr0id posted:

p

it was a fuckup invasion. a fuckup occupation. no way to make it not a gently caress up withdrawal other than it lasting six years and being undone by congress or next president.

you saw how much the media turned on Biden for doing it. that alone should have been ding ding ding bells for “maybe this is the right thing.”

it’s the one thing the dude has done right and yes he could have done it better but this isn’t Obamacare half measure bullshit he literally got the troops out. it’s his one unequivocally good act.

Maybe he should follow more trump plans then? :)

Personally I think the withdrawal was pretty good, I don't see how it could have gone better apart from a couple of things, poor airport security, that spiteful last drone strike and troops panic firing into a crowd. It could have been incredibly bloody.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fr0id posted:

p

the intended outcome of the afghanistan withdrawal was to keep the meatgrinder going for years except with no us bodies on the line, and i'm 100% convinced they would never have withdrawn if they realized how quickly their puppet would fold

so no, you don't actually have to hand it to biden

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

thank you kissinger for ending the vietnam war

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

The stock market was going up (bad) under Trump and now it is going down bigly (good) under Biden.

I could not buy a graphics card with the Dotard in chief but now I can easily find one with this Dotard in chief.

Woke Mind Virus has issued a correction as of 11:15 on Jun 21, 2022

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

synapse posted:

The stock market was going up (bad) under Trump and now it is going down bigly (good) under Biden.

I could not buy a graphics card with the Dotard in chief but now I can easily find one with this Dotard in chief.

rubbish, i could get a $200 1660 Super in 2019 to early 2020 which is still way better of a deal than anything now

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Palladium posted:

rubbish, i could get a $200 1660 Super in 2019 to early 2020 which is still way better of a deal than anything now

drat time just blends together for me. Oh well. I bet there's something else that was worse when Trump was president.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

synapse posted:

drat time just blends together for me. Oh well. I bet there's something else that was worse when Trump was president.

PS5 availability was much lower during the Trump regime

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

PS5 availability was much lower during the Trump regime

BOOM

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

If Biden hadn't won we wouldn't have gotten Jan 6th, which was the funniest thing to happen during Trump.

It was a glorious capstone on 4 years of comedy.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Retromancer posted:

If Biden hadn't won we wouldn't have gotten Jan 6th, which was the funniest thing to happen during Trump.

It was a glorious capstone on 4 years of comedy.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

fr0id posted:

the Afghanistan withdrawal. that’s so far it. it’s a loving major achievement. it also matters nothing for most people because it’s foreign policy. but it rules. I still loathe Biden. but that’s the answer. and it is a big one.

lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

im obliged to explain to the folks at home that biden supported the invasion of afghanistan and was vp for 8 years during the obama administration which was escalating the afghanistan conflict while campaigning on leaving
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/256577650208935936

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anyways the appropriate credit for the us leaving afghanistan goes to the taliban and no us presidential administration

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

anyways the appropriate credit for the us leaving afghanistan goes to the taliban and no us presidential administration

let’s hear it for the taliban, everyone :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Well for just under 25% of Trump's presidency you couldn't go outside lest you contract the plague and kill your family, and at least now you can go to a restaurant again so there's that :shrug: